Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 07:08 PM

399 posts, read 406,949 times

Advertisements

I bet they've got a pit kennel in the backyard. That's why they have to congregate in the front. You can't fix low class poor losers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 07:16 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,076,322 times
I had this problem with this neighbor parking their junk car in the yard because their garage is full of old junk, and the RV is taking up part of the driveway.

So, I just call the city to file a complaint and bam. Car is removed within a week. lol

Next step is to remove the unsightly RV.

---------------

edit: This was a year ago. They recently did a remodel of the house. And built a 2 story garage with lifts. It's pretty crazy.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:40 PM

645 posts, read 750,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadhunterPaul View Post
I agree..............plus:

.....take two or three six packs.

The OP will then have friends who will help her if she ever gets into a pinch.

Better than just complaining.

Take what you have and make something of it.

Paul.......

no thanks....I don't socialize with trashy ghetto people with no class those aren't the kind of friends I want in my life.....I can complain all I want I have lived here longer and my house is paid off....

Old 07-06-2015, 09:22 PM

856 posts, read 1,051,896 times
Exclamation People Barbecuing in their Front Lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
no thanks....I don't socialize with trashy ghetto people with no class those aren't the kind of friends I want in my life.....I can complain all I want I have lived here longer and my house is paid off....

I get what you are saying but one day, maybe, a 'trashy' person will do something for you and like it or not, you may feel the need to re-think this.

With your attitude, you need for things to always come out your way.

With what I said, you have a back-up with little or no effort on your part. Nobody said you have to be 'friends' with your "trashy" "hillbilly" neighbors. Just saying that keeping things jake between you and the neighbors may pay off when you least expect it.

Feel free to continue to complain; I was 'just' making a suggestion.

Paul...........

Old 07-06-2015, 09:23 PM

642 posts, read 2,552,126 times
Dont go over and talk to them unless you want to make friends you are not interested in and friends that close can always go wrong. Soon they will be knocking on your door after they have had too many. I like the seclusion of the back yard too and I have never seen fams do this. :/ Is there a large influx in your area from that area? We have it here.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:05 AM

4,156 posts, read 5,561,445 times
Pull the stick out.

Old 07-08-2015, 10:57 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,741,992 times
I guess we must be real lowlives around here. Some people BBQ in the driveway, some in the back yard, depending on the configuration of the house. Driveway is obviously friendlier.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:40 PM

908 posts, read 1,303,399 times
Covina now has some of the cheapest housing in LA county, especially the San Gabriel Valley. Unfortunately, that means you're going to attract some trashy folks with no class.

Gustavo Arellano might also be able to help you with your predicament (I always get a kick out of him):

Why Do Mexicans Party On Their Front Lawn? | OC Weekly

Old 07-08-2015, 09:01 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,397,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
Do these people not have back yards? I don't get it why do some people want the whole neighborhood to see what they are doing?last time I checked I lived in Covina not East La or Compton...this family seems to rather live in their front yard than their home....the men that live there are constantly in the front yard never any privacy I walk outside and there's a face staring at me....I hate that crap! they are a Hispanic family that moved here 5 months ago from east la.....guess that explains it...im hispanic to so im in no way racist....I just wonder why they act that way....so ghetto and tacky.....if I have a gathering its usually inside or in my backyard.......why cant people just keep the neighborhood nice, clean and quiet? someone always has to mess it up for everyone else....I have lived here most of my life and it was a very nice area now its going in the **** hole....
You'd hate most of the Flyover country, all those people on porches looking out. For that matter, you'd hate NYC and certain other Eastern cities, people sitting on stoops.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:10 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
I have BBQed in the front when the front of my house was level ground and the back yard sloped downhill. Also had little kids and grilling in the back would have meant having to go downstairs and out of the walkout basement. I could keep an eye on them AND the grill when both were on the same level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles