Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2015, 10:14 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,461,004 times

Advertisements

Join the club. Up north here there's a white guy who looks like Homer Simpson who pulls a commercial strength BBQ (the kind you tow with a trailer hitch) up to the street in front of his house and proceeds to smoke the entire neighborhood out. Being this is a redneck low-class town the police would never ticket him for it never mind there are laws on the books about such things. This past week his kid (who looks like Pugsley Addams) had a birth day and dad had the giant BBQ going with shade canopies, tables and a slip and slide all over the front yard. So yeah, it's not just Hispanics who can't do their business in the back yard.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 11:45 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,391,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
Do these people not have back yards? I don't get it why do some people want the whole neighborhood to see what they are doing?last time I checked I lived in Covina not East La or Compton...this family seems to rather live in their front yard than their home....the men that live there are constantly in the front yard never any privacy I walk outside and there's a face staring at me....I hate that crap! they are a Hispanic family that moved here 5 months ago from east la.....guess that explains it...im hispanic to so im in no way racist....I just wonder why they act that way....so ghetto and tacky.....if I have a gathering its usually inside or in my backyard.......why cant people just keep the neighborhood nice, clean and quiet? someone always has to mess it up for everyone else....I have lived here most of my life and it was a very nice area now its going in the **** hole....
Oh, my...people actually socializing like normal human beings in the front yard? Next they'll be waving "Hello" at you, or gasp, saying, "Hello!"

Seriously, though, they're maximizing the use of their property. It's not like they're doing anything illegal. And what are you doing? Standing in your front yard staring at them having a BBQ party.

[go back inside and mind your own]

Old 07-09-2015, 01:44 PM

987 posts, read 1,736,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
Do these people not have back yards? I don't get it why do some people want the whole neighborhood to see what they are doing?last time I checked I lived in Covina not East La or Compton...this family seems to rather live in their front yard than their home....the men that live there are constantly in the front yard never any privacy I walk outside and there's a face staring at me....I hate that crap! they are a Hispanic family that moved here 5 months ago from east la.....guess that explains it...im hispanic to so im in no way racist....I just wonder why they act that way....so ghetto and tacky.....if I have a gathering its usually inside or in my backyard.......why cant people just keep the neighborhood nice, clean and quiet? someone always has to mess it up for everyone else....I have lived here most of my life and it was a very nice area now its going in the **** hole....
reeb79, I feel your pain.....I grew up w/my family living in Pico Rivera, neighbors be drinking beer in front of the house and staring everyone -my family got use to it (sadly my dad was an a drunk at the time, doing the same thing in front of our home....embarrassing yes pop!)....it's just everywhere and me having young daughters, it does make us females feel awkward. But w/that said, unfortunately it's the norm in congested areas (and I've been allover Cali, so it's pretty much California, unless you have a butt-load of money and live in a elite area such as (Friendly Hills of Whittier to me comes to mind). To the one comment about a Pitbull in backyard, LOL, so true! The people that we use to live near in Uptown Whittier always bbq in front yard and they had a ginormous pitbull, I would see the younger daughter walking it (rather the dog was walking her, she had no control over the animal as it pulled her) yup yup yup yup.......

Old 07-09-2015, 01:54 PM

9,810 posts, read 11,048,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
BBQ and grilling out matters to us minorities
What, surely you don't think so-called white 'majority' don't like to grill outdoors?

This thread is also bizarre. It is like asking "Hey, why are there palateros peddling ice cream in this neighborhood?"

Old 07-09-2015, 01:58 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,634,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
What, surely you don't think so-called white 'majority' don't like to grill outdoors?

This thread is also bizarre. It is like asking "Hey, why are there palateros peddling ice cream in this neighborhood?"
It seems like an OC forum thread

Old 07-09-2015, 02:01 PM

9,810 posts, read 11,048,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
It seems like an OC forum thread
Ha yeah we have the loonies on the OC forum. Word.

Old 07-09-2015, 04:57 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,301,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageuse View Post
I'm with you. I hate seeing people congregate or furniture in the front yard. It's all very hillbilly to me.
Ahem! Us hill people have more class than that. If it's not an old, broken down vehicle or a 24/7/365 flee market it doesn't belong in the front yard.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:56 AM

645 posts, read 743,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltoncity View Post
Dont go over and talk to them unless you want to make friends you are not interested in and friends that close can always go wrong. Soon they will be knocking on your door after they have had too many. I like the seclusion of the back yard too and I have never seen fams do this. :/ Is there a large influx in your area from that area? We have it here.

exactly! I don't want those people thinking they can just come onto my property most of the neighbors have already had problems with them so what does that tell you its obviously not just me.....they are the only ones that live this way throwing parties in the front yard, old cars parked on the grass..the guy that lives there is a creepy unemployed perv that stares every time i walk outside....they haven't even lived here a year and all the neighbors hate them im a private person i keep to myself and want to live in a peaceful environment and feel comfortable.. im just praying that they move that house is cursed no one lives there long..........

Old 07-10-2015, 06:21 AM

26,144 posts, read 19,692,695 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79
Do these people not have back yards? I don't get it why do some people want the whole neighborhood to see what they are doing?
They have been so brainwashed and compromised to NOT VALUE anything! (These ppl are probably WIDE OPEN on facebook,etc)

Old 07-10-2015, 07:04 AM

187 posts, read 193,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I BBQ in the peace and seclusion of my own back yard.

^^^^THIS^^^^

Many words come to mind to describe front yard BBQ'ng.

Tacky, uncouth, uncivilized, etc.

The problem is that it's breaking a social norm of the socio economic class and the neighborhood in which this behavior is occurring in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles