Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 09:28 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times

Advertisements

Its like a proffesional fireworks show around my house every 4th of July night in Sylmar and lots of booms and bangs on nights leading up to the 4th. A lot of immegrants around me that aren't rich, aren't fireworks expensive?
All my life the famed Cherry Bomb was the biggest firecracker. They obviously have something new their lighting off reguarlly around my house. Sounds like a explosion a big explosion. Makes me jump and my poor high strung Border Collie runs and runs, its terrrable for him.
I assume they get the fireworks in Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 09:30 PM

1,156 posts, read 941,458 times
Not "illegal". "Undocumented". It is illegal, I'm not sure why the cops can't or won't find these guys. I've been seeing fireworks over the same area for the last three nights.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:51 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
It's to celebrate 'mericuh. You get a free pass to blow crap up and possibly start a huge fire as long as it's in the name of our country.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:22 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,891,624 times
It seems to be american tradition to ignore firework laws on the 4th. If many people break the law at once, police cannot really be everywhere and enforce it. Besides, they're busy patrolling streets, and preventing drunks from hurting themselves and others.

Old 07-05-2015, 12:16 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times
I believe a stop could be put to fireworks in all neighborhoods in the state, if a $10,000 fine were imposed on anyone shooting off fireworks, other than an approved venue like the rose bowl.
These jerks would learn real quick that when the law says no illegal fireworks, that is exactly what it means.

Police would be instructed to patrol, and arrest all who don't follow the law, even if it means parking one of those jail transport buses in neighborhoods to transport all of them to jail.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand these fools are not celebrating America, but just out there to cause disturbances in usually quiet neighborhoods.

I heard fireworks in the distance still going off at 3:30 this morning.
A huge fine is in order, and the courts to impose them.
If the guilty part can't pay the fine, then it's off to jail.

A stop to this stupidity could be done, but it takes effort on LE, and the courts, but presently they don't see fireworks as something serious.
It make take a serious fire, or death caused by fireworks to get any action.

Bob.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:13 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,490,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
A stop to this stupidity could be done, but it takes effort on LE, and the courts, but presently they don't see fireworks as something serious.

Bob.
Thinning of the herd.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:29 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,891,624 times
Do you really want to put 10000 otherwise decent people to jail just for firing off fireworks to entertain their children or even themselves??? Dear Lord, save us from neighbors like you.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:43 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I believe a stop could be put to fireworks in all neighborhoods in the state, if a $10,000 fine were imposed on anyone shooting off fireworks, other than an approved venue like the rose bowl.
These jerks would learn real quick that when the law says no illegal fireworks, that is exactly what it means.

Police would be instructed to patrol, and arrest all who don't follow the law, even if it means parking one of those jail transport buses in neighborhoods to transport all of them to jail.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand these fools are not celebrating America, but just out there to cause disturbances in usually quiet neighborhoods.

I heard fireworks in the distance still going off at 3:30 this morning.
A huge fine is in order, and the courts to impose them.
If the guilty part can't pay the fine, then it's off to jail.

Bob.
Lol... Yup laws and heavy penalties will stop people from committing crimes, that's why our jails and prisons have so many vacancies.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:53 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
Do you really want to put 10000 otherwise decent people to jail just for firing off fireworks to entertain their children or even themselves??? Dear Lord, save us from neighbors like you.
I don't care if they are entertaining their kids legally but if they do it illegally I have zero sympathy for them. I'm sure my neighbors kids were thoroughly entertained by all the cherry bombs and m 80s daddy was using to blow random crap up.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:04 PM

52 posts, read 92,382 times
I know this is completely unrelated to the thread, but I'm new here, and I don't know how to start my own thread. Can someone help me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles