Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 08:18 PM

495 posts, read 682,097 times

Advertisements

The perp was a six foot mid 20s black male. I think it was the knockout game with shotguns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 11:46 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,295,020 times
Looks like LA Times completely removed the story from their homepage.

Reminds me of the recent undercoverage of the shootings/killing in Palms that happened recently. Same protocol.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:00 AM

169 posts, read 151,817 times
Quote:
You mean that Beverly Hills publicist? I think she was in her 50s. A big PR person in the entertainment business. I think she'd been driving down Sunset and was in Beverly Hills, not far from her house, when she was shot.
Ronni Chasen. Sunset and Whittier. Way off the beaten path for any riff raff to be at that location, but there is a little park at that corner.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:58 AM

40,919 posts, read 48,847,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murfslaw View Post
Please stop passing incorrect information; say nothing if you know nothing. A CCW permit issued in Kern or San Bernardino counties is not honored in LA county. They are also almost impossible to obtain in those counties as well.

In the state of California it is illegal to carry a unloaded gun in anything but a locked storage container. Ones "bag" is not an approved carry container.
This only applies to Law abiding citizens for protection, right? Criminals can carry anywhere they like.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:00 PM

399 posts, read 404,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Well if he was a mentally ill homeless person then it really is scary.

California needs to offer more social services and housing and treatment to it's homeless population. And the nation as a whole needs gun control.
Right. Because this deranged homeless person went down to Big5, passed the background check, waited out the waiting period, and then committed this crime. Of course. More regulations are needed!

Old 07-10-2015, 12:35 PM

197 posts, read 277,335 times
I moved to Boston, MA in 1990, a few months after Charles Stuart told police a black man killed his wife Carol and shot Stuart. A police manhunt ensued with a lot of people talking about 'those people' and 'political correctness be damned, we know what those people are like'.

Stuart was indicted for his wife's murder and killed himself before the trial started.

Lots of talk, not much facts.

Old 07-10-2015, 12:41 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,295,020 times
The sad part is this would most likely be a bigger story if it happened in NYC even for the L.A media

L.A times doesn't even have on it's Local section....so weird.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:20 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,884,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
a lot of people going ballistic and refusing to accept the findings after convincing themselves it was a targeted hit over studio intrigue. That gave me a lot of insight into the mind of a conspiracy theorist and I always refer back to it whenever I come across mentions of the twin towers, JFK, UFO's etc.
I had a friend -- a smart, sophisticated writer who lived in Westwood -- who was certain the hit had been ordered by Oprah Winfrey. He had connected a whole series of dots, including La Toya Jackson having intimated some secret several years ago (a secret that my friend had deduced was about Oprah Winfrey).

It was interesting to hear his conspiracy theory, connecting Oprah, and La Toya, and the publicist, none of whom had any actual connections.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:49 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,111,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
This only applies to Law abiding citizens for protection, right? Criminals can carry anywhere they like.
Criminals can't carry anywhere they like. It's up to us to call the police when we see them.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:55 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,111,771 times
There was a hit in Glendale about five years ago. A guy and his wife were sitting in their car in the middle of the day, waiting for an appointment with their insurance man (or something like that). A car pulled up with a couple of black guys in it. One of them jumped out, ran over to the couple, shot the man several times (didn't shoot the woman), then ran back to the car and they sped away. A few days later, the newspaper had a story about how the man who was shot was a Vice President of some bank in Armenia.

Pretty obvious that it was a paid for hit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles