Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 12:35 AM

2,148 posts, read 2,925,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crouching_tiger View Post
Ha BTW if you think LA is rude and unfriendly, wait till you visit NYC. You will think Angelenos are super polite angels in comparison.
I was actually born in NYC in 1981. NYC is a place I just can't stand. NYC has very rude people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 12:36 AM

I can deal with the lack of sunshine and beaches.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:37 AM

337 posts, read 405,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Even with a college degree the only jobs I have been able to get in the LA area and San Fernando Valley areas have been $9 per hour retail jobs.

In Seattle area I"m being offered jobs that pay $20 an hour with benefits.

Because SoCal especially LA area is economically a joke with most major employers leaving (see Toyota etc). Everyone ain't gonna make it big in Hollywood.

You have better odds becoming a gazillionaire in Silicon Valley.

Also I may add that Seattle is probably the cleanest city in all of United States.

Only European cities like Zurich, Copenhagen, Vienna etc are cleaner than Seattle.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crouching_tiger View Post
Because SoCal especially LA area is economically a joke with most major employers leaving (see Toyota etc). Everyone ain't gonna make it big in Hollywood.

You have better odds becoming a gazillionaire in Silicon Valley.
Californias high state income tax is forcing businesses to move out of California. Toyota left for example.

Rumor has it that Universal and Disney may be leaving California.

Why is housing so expensive here in LA if there are no jobs here?

Old 07-09-2015, 12:43 AM

There is this girl who is age 33 and lives in Bellevue near Seattle and is happy living in a studio apartment alone and happy driving a 1996 Ford Taurus.

My x girlfriend in LA lived in Saguas in Santa Clairta and worked a 10 an hour job and drove a $32,000 Honda civic that she couldn't afford. She had tons of $1000 purses. MY x girlfriend was also Hispanic.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Californias high state income tax is forcing businesses to move out of California. Toyota left for example.

Rumor has it that Universal and Disney may be leaving California.

Why is housing so expensive here in LA if there are no jobs here?
There are a ton of jobs in the Bay Area and there will always be. NorCal has a totally different economy and a very low unemployment rate.

SoCal doesn't have the tech industry to save it. There are a lot of filthy rich people, actors, foreign investors, Chinese buyers (who have become rich thanks to their burgeoning economy) who are buying up the nice parts of LA. They have millions in legal and illegal money and don't have to really work for living like the average Joe. The Chinese love California and many wealthy Chinese are abandoning China because its too polluted. Quite a few of them are high ranking members of the communist party who have made a killing in corruption.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:47 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,897 times
I would go if the jobs are something you can get good experience in. You might find LA companies look at you more favorably when you have more experience.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:48 AM

There is a new mall opening in Woodland Hills,CA in September called the village at westfield Topanga. The village at westfield Topanga is hosting a job fair this weekend. Believe it or not most of these low paying restaurant and retail jobs are already filled.

How sad!

Old 07-09-2015, 12:49 AM

Quote:
There is a new mall opening in Woodland Hills,CA in September called the village at westfield Topanga. The village at westfield Topanga is hosting a job fair this weekend. Believe it or not most of these low paying restaurant and retail jobs are already filled.

How sad!
Yeah go figure they want to legalize all the illegals in SoCal so they can then compete for the few jobs left.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I would go if the jobs are something you can get good experience in. You might find LA companies look at you more favorably when you have more experience.
I haven't been able to get a job in the LA area in 3 years hence even get an interview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles