Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2015, 03:52 PM

548 posts, read 471,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT123 View Post
Mmmmkay. I'm wearing a $7,000 Rolex and drive a $70,000 Lexus LS. (Want pictures?) We have nearly $100,000 saved for a DP on a house. I don't even have to work, and didn't by choice in LA.

Apparently no one on here understands the concept of being fiscally conservative.

You, nor anyone else, knows Jack s h i t about what I have and don't have.

Next, please!
So you have chosen to spend money on luxury goods that will depreciate to nothing and are claiming to be fiscally conservative?

The irony in this post is fabulous.

Old 12-26-2015, 04:26 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,654,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupBro View Post
So you have chosen to spend money on luxury goods that will depreciate to nothing and are claiming to be fiscally conservative?

The irony in this post is fabulous.
Rolexes appreciate in value, hotshot. My exact watch costs 2k more now new than when I bought it in '07.

The Lexus? What can I say, I like nice cars....and this one will last to 350k miles, so while cars do depreciate, buying a flagship Lexus that will last 20 years was a smart choice. Btw, a Lexus LS is one of, if not the, slowest depreciating cars. For absolute sure one of the longest lasting.

Nice try, though.

Old 12-26-2015, 04:46 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,859,725 times
L.A is one of the most desirable places to live in with so much Opportunities,Attractions,Entertainment,Dining,Sho pping,Etc and the Diversity/Variety of practically everything is amazing,so it's always gonna remain a pricey place to live in...In fact the whole coast of California is always gonna be pricey.

For those of you who live in L.A and can afford it,you truly are lucky to be living in one of the greatest cities in the world

And for those of you who hate L.A then just leave,because there will always be someone to fill in your spot

Old 12-26-2015, 04:59 PM

4,625 posts, read 3,374,566 times
Quote:
Mmmmkay. I'm wearing a $7,000 Rolex and drive a $70,000 Lexus LS. (Want pictures?) We have nearly $100,000 saved for a DP on a house. I don't even have to work, and didn't by choice in LA.

Apparently no one on here understands the concept of being fiscally conservative.

You, nor anyone else, knows Jack s h i t about what I have and don't have.

Next, please!
Your story keeps changing. Earlier in the thread you were both working.

Quit the bloviating about your "stuff"....nobody cares. You know the old saying, "He/She who dies with the most toys...still dies!!" You came to LA. Got hit with sticker shock. Realized you couldn't have the lifestyle you had back home and high tailed it out of here.

The bottom line was summed up best by CaliGuy right here.

[quote=Caliguy2007;42407474]L.A is one of the most desirable places to live in with so much Opportunities,Attractions,Entertainment,Dining,Sho pping,Etc and the Diversity/Variety of practically everything is amazing,so it's always gonna remain a pricey place to live in...In fact the whole coast of California is always gonna be pricey.

For those of you who live in L.A and can afford it,you truly are lucky to be living in one of the greatest cities in the world

And for those of you who hate L.A then just leave,because there will always be someone to fill in your spot [/QUOTE]

Old 12-26-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Rolexes appreciate in value, hotshot. My exact watch costs 2k more now new than when I bought it in '07.

The Lexus? What can I say, I like nice cars....and this one will last to 350k miles, so while cars do depreciate, buying a flagship Lexus that will last 20 years was a smart choice. Btw, a Lexus LS is one of, if not the, slowest depreciating cars. For absolute sure one of the longest lasting.

Nice try, though.
Keep telling yourself that.

Old 12-26-2015, 05:13 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,574,545 times
[quote=Astral_Weeks;42407563]Your story keeps changing. Earlier in the thread you were both working.

Quit the bloviating about your "stuff"....nobody cares. You know the old saying, "He/She who dies with the most toys...still dies!!" You came to LA. Got hit with sticker shock. Realized you couldn't have the lifestyle you had back home and high tailed it out of here.

The bottom line was summed up best by CaliGuy right here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy2007 View Post
L.A is one of the most desirable places to live in with so much Opportunities,Attractions,Entertainment,Dining,Sho pping,Etc and the Diversity/Variety of practically everything is amazing,so it's always gonna remain a pricey place to live in...In fact the whole coast of California is always gonna be pricey.

And for those of you who hate L.A then just leave,because there will always be someone to fill in your spot [/QUOTE]

Yes he did, but the boyfriend made most of the money but they both worked. Story keeps changing.

Also complained about hearing so many pretentious conversations about money.....LOL.

Move on already. BTW the state of TN doesn't recognize gay marriage, so what was legal in CA isn't there.

Know a few very wealthy people who live in LA including the son of a movie star from the 50s, none of them carry on like this, if anything they downplay what they have.

Old 12-26-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Your story keeps changing. Earlier in the thread you were both working.

No, I said "WE brought in $xxx." I have sources of income from investments, etc.

And I'm not a bragger, but when someone on here tells me "I have nothing..." I'm going to correct them.

Don't be incorrect and tell me I have nothing and couldn't afford LA, and I won't tell you about my money. Simple as that. I afforded it fine, but yes, I missed how much farther my/our $ went back home. Christ, how many times do I have to utter that phrase??

Old 12-26-2015, 05:14 PM

26 posts, read 24,464 times
Someone is in denial. My Rolex is worth more, and my car doesn't depreciate like other cars. It's a bunch of nonsense.

Old 12-26-2015, 05:15 PM

He and that chick that moved to Denver would hit it off.

Old 12-26-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupBro View Post
Keep telling yourself that.
Facts are facts, brah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles