Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 12:29 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Why were you on Venus?
Why else? To see where women come from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 01:10 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Why else? To see where women come from.
That's a misogynist statement.

Old 07-21-2015, 02:49 AM

3,887 posts, read 4,540,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Absolutely right. This is a walk in the park compared to how FL feels 9 months out of the year.

So when people complain about the few days of humidity here, remember there are parts of the country that have anywhere from 4 to 9 months of this as the norm.
And my uncle tried talking us into moving to Houston!

Old 07-21-2015, 02:56 AM

3,887 posts, read 4,540,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
You think the Tropics are humid? When I was on Venus the humidity and heat were so high I instantly died. On Venus, Toucan Sam was with me and he said it was too humid even for him.

Tropics humidity? Pffft...
I always thought Venus was a dry heat... but when I was a dinosaur millions of years ago, the earth was way more humid.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:40 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times
66 dew point today. Feels a bit muggy!

Old 07-21-2015, 11:46 AM

63 posts, read 165,105 times
Was just visiting LA this weekend. Rained almost the whole time. Sunday was insanely humid.
Reminded me of Austin Texas.

That's why I moved to Phoenix!

Old 07-21-2015, 11:55 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
We are in a very powerful El Nino, OP.

Old 07-21-2015, 02:56 PM

631 posts, read 749,216 times
My face when this humidity becomes normal from climate change and people start running like a bat out of hell to the cheaper states.

Old 07-21-2015, 05:31 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk on kool aid View Post
I agree with this. Away from the coast, there is miserable heat and humidity for a week or two every year.

Do you prefer 5.56mm, 7.62mm or Nerf?

But, I agree, I have PTSD thinking back to how awful it was as a kid, unable to sleep due to the stickiness. I just can't get comfortable unless evening temps dip into the 60s.

I often hear this, but then I read posters who say that there is a sea breeze in Florida that makes it confortable?

So, is the heat and humidity of the past few days in the inland and valley areas the norm in other parts of the country? I'm wondering about the big Texas cities, Chicago, NYC, DC, Atlanta, Philly, etc?

Is it actually like this, *continuously*, for weeks or months on end or is it more similar to what we had: a few days of misery followed by warm but dry weather with the difference being that this cycle repeats more often, instead of occurring just a couple times?

According to Normashirley, it's even more awful out east than the worst of what we get?

I wish the local news would add dewpoints to the weather reports so that we'd get a better feel (heh) for it.
The sea breeze in Florida does make it more comfortable but that only extends a few miles inland. You Angelenos are so soft! I hear you guys can't even drive in the rain and panic when it does!

Source :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIiBYyBH25A

Old 07-21-2015, 10:11 PM

1,235 posts, read 1,769,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
The sea breeze in Florida does make it more comfortable but that only extends a few miles inland. You Angelenos are so soft! I hear you guys can't even drive in the rain and panic when it does!

Source :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIiBYyBH25A

Let's see the Florida pansies try taking a swim in our "cold" Pacific ocean they are all so quick to complain about. Or try living in earthquake country...hurricanes are for wimps b/c you get a warning ahead of time.

As another poster noted, people pay quite premium in home prices or rents to enjoy the comfortable Mediterranean climate in So.Calif. So people have every right to complain when it does get uncomfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles