Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 04:41 PM

816 posts, read 1,395,612 times

Advertisements

On some maps of L.A. I see Mid-city and I'm wondering if that is an actual neighborhood in Los Angeles or does that just refer to the region of the city around Koreatown and Mid-Wilshire? Also, what can you guys tell me about that Mid-city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 05:16 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,853,364 times
Mid-City is a neighborhood though it has ambiguous borders and mini-neighborhoods within it. I guess you could consider it a "district" ala Hollywood, Central, Mid-Wilshire, Eastside, Westside, South LA, etc.

I'd say it runs just a little north of Pico on the north border, Adams or the 10 on the south border, Western on the east border and Fairfax on the west border.

On Google Maps it runs all the way from Hoover to La Cienega, that seems pretty large: Mid City, Los Angeles, CA - Google Maps

Old 05-07-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
Mid-City is a neighborhood though it has ambiguous borders and mini-neighborhoods within it. I guess you could consider it a "district" ala Hollywood, Central, Mid-Wilshire, Eastside, Westside, South LA, etc.

I'd say it runs just a little north of Pico on the north border, Adams or the 10 on the south border, Western on the east border and Fairfax on the west border.

On Google Maps it runs all the way from Hoover to La Cienega, that seems pretty large: Mid City, Los Angeles, CA - Google Maps
Thanks alot for the clarification.

How would you describe the area of Mid-City in general?

Old 05-07-2013, 05:29 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,305,577 times
It's racially and culturally diverse. A lot of Latinos, followed by blacks and Asians (Koreans) and a few whites. It's densely populated with a lot of traffic. It's affordable. The parts closer to the west end (whether that be Fairfax or La Cienega) tend to be nicer and safer.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
It's racially and culturally diverse. A lot of Latinos, followed by blacks and Asians (Koreans) and a few whites. It's densely populated with a lot of traffic. It's affordable. The parts closer to the west end (whether that be Fairfax or La Cienega) tend to be nicer and safer.
Thanks! That is the exact type of explanation I was looking for. Unbiased and to the point.

Old 05-07-2013, 05:44 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,853,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armstrong View Post
Thanks alot for the clarification.

How would you describe the area of Mid-City in general?
I don't know it that well - all I know is it is generally considered blue collar / working class, is very diverse, and is relatively safe these days. Seems like most of the housing is single family homes and duplexes and good architecture.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
I don't know it that well - all I know is it is generally considered blue collar / working class, is very diverse, and is relatively safe these days. Seems like most of the housing is single family homes and duplexes and good architecture.
Sounds perfect

Old 10-30-2013, 08:48 PM

2 posts, read 4,248 times
I am looking to buy a place near Queen Ann Recreation Center and all I hear about that area is bad things. But I have driven by at different hours of day/night and it seems really quiet. Does anyone have first hand and CURRENT knowledge of this area? Seems like it has bad rep but maybe has changed??

Old 10-30-2013, 09:18 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,305,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oprbxk1 View Post
I am looking to buy a place near Queen Ann Recreation Center and all I hear about that area is bad things. But I have driven by at different hours of day/night and it seems really quiet. Does anyone have first hand and CURRENT knowledge of this area? Seems like it has bad rep but maybe has changed??
That specific area is pretty okay. Especially if you're closer to Olympic than Pico/Venice.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:39 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oprbxk1 View Post
Are the people saying bad things people that live in the area or really know the area?

L.A is a huge place and a lot of people have misconceptions about many areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles