Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 06:24 AM

631 posts, read 749,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
Good God.

I guess there's a point that one state in one country can't make a difference. Then again, we are California, the leader of the United States. What happens here eventually happens everywhere. And someone has to step up.

I guess if you don't believe in climate change, then this makes no sense. Of course then again that also means that you believe there is a vast scientific conspiracy to promote the idea of human-induced climate change, which also means you are a crazy, insane person and your opinion is essentially worthless.
This explains the massive superiority complex. I don't think those days are going to last, Texas will probably be #1 eventually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 10:59 AM

10,078 posts, read 15,856,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomkz View Post
This explains the massive superiority complex. I don't think those days are going to last, Texas will probably be #1 eventually.
It's not a superiority complex, it's the truth. California typically leads the rest of the United States.

Ever heard the phrase "As California goes, so goes the United States"? I certainly didn't make it up.

Obviously California has a lot of issues, but I can tell you I would rather live here than Texas.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:10 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAappraiser View Post
So, I've been hearing a lot of ads about this proposed bill that will aim to reduce our gasoline & diesel use by 50% by 2030. They intend to use "fees" and rationing to attain this. Does anyone have more info on this and it's chance of being instituted?

Mike
The bill is aspirational. It calls for meeting the goal of 50%, kind of like saying, "Let's put men on Mars by 2050".

Those misleading adds opposing are from Big Oil, but you gotta read the fine print to catch that.

Old 08-21-2015, 06:51 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
So, I've been hearing a lot of ads about this proposed bill that will aim to reduce our gasoline & diesel use by 50% by 2030. They intend to use "fees" and rationing to attain this. Does anyone have more info on this and it's chance of being instituted?

Mike
If we can make our machines more energy efficient, then I'm all for it.

[]

Old 08-22-2015, 02:25 AM

4,490 posts, read 3,929,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
If we can make our machines more energy efficient, then I'm all for it.

[]
If they would EVER allow drilling all the oil we have, I'm all for THAT.

Old 08-22-2015, 05:11 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Agreed. And diversify.

[every new home that is built should have solar panels]

Old 08-22-2015, 05:37 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,185,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Yes, pretty much all the apparatus pushing human caused climate change with their false models were all proved to be a setup for money and maybe more control over the populations when all these government funded scientist had their emails hacked 3 years ago and the conversations leaked were about falsifying all the data.
The scientist did not deny this. It was in all the papers and people pushing MAN MADE global climate change act like they never heard of this.
FYI none of that is true. It's conspiracy theory gibberish and lies about a fake scandal.

Old 08-23-2015, 03:22 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Agreed. And diversify.

[every new home that is built should have solar panels]
The solar panel thing is a good idea. Especially in SoCal..

Old 08-24-2015, 12:26 AM

368 posts, read 413,253 times
Quote:
A buddy I grew up with has been in North Dakota ever since their oil boom took off. We spoke a few months ago & he told me that, regardless of what you read in the newspapers, their coming for that oil. According to him, there are fields of oil under Los Angeles county that dwarf the oil fields in SD. Just what I was told.

Old 08-24-2015, 04:33 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,236 times
Those Democratic blockheads in Sacramento are so fixated on a green economy and other pie in the sky dreams of theirs, disregarding the fact that electric and hybrids compose under 2% of the market; toss in the fact that over 70% of the new cars sold in California annually are imports, and that proposal is essentially DOA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles