Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 07:35 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,891,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoParkDate View Post
The OP can simply post his/her resume on indeed.com and if the resume is good the OPs phone will be ringing off the hook.

There's a good chance somebody will fly him out here. Even if not, he/she can line up a few days' worth of interviews, then fly out here on his own dime.

If this person is a good engineer he can get an offer prior to moving out here. If it turns out he CAN'T get an offer, that's an indication that moving to LA might not be a good decision, which he can find out BEFORE quitting his job and making the move.
I travel a lot (well, maybe not too much, just 4 states in 15 years) in the country, I love living in different states and that's my rule No 1 is "Get a job before the move, or stay put".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 08:08 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,099,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistrictDirt View Post
What stack, and are you hiring? (Downtowner here, full-stack freelance/contractor, considering getting back into the corporate game)
Nothing DTLA at the moment....but at our Santa Monica lab there are two positions:
  • Ruby, Python, Golang and/or Java
  • Strong Knowledge of Rails and/or Spring frameworks
  • OO Design Principles
  • Experience in test first development and pair programming
  • Experience in web front-end development a plus; JavaScript, client-side MVC frameworks
Not posted on public career sites but based on these reqs^ I'm sure you can chase it down

Old 08-20-2015, 01:31 PM

850 posts, read 796,545 times
What are some famous Known tech-companies in the LA area?

Old 08-20-2015, 01:41 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,099,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oping00 View Post
What are some famous Known tech-companies in the LA area?
I started typing a handful and quickly realized this is someone's job somewhere...

Old 08-20-2015, 04:17 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,197,011 times
I can also vouch for the fact that there are employers out there looking for .Net developers. In fact, my company just hired one. From my experiences, a mid level .Net developer can make $120k+ and go up from there depending on the position and experience. If you have a hard time finding a permanent gig, find an agency that will contract you out. You could probably get $75/hour doing contract work. it's true though that the smaller more cutting edge companies seem to be moving away from microsoft/windows. If I were trying learn a new skill i would probably go for Ruby and/or one of the NoSQL databases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles