Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 11:16 PM

368 posts, read 413,253 times

Advertisements

Ive been meaning to post this for awhile, now. 2 years ago I went to BOA on Sunset for my birthday & absolutely loved the place. So, what other restaurants would you folks recommend for a fantastic steak in L.A?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 08:40 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,198,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsnow View Post
Ive been meaning to post this for awhile, now. 2 years ago I went to BOA on Sunset for my birthday & absolutely loved the place. So, what other restaurants would you folks recommend for a fantastic steak in L.A?
Taylor's in La Canada is very good!

Old 08-21-2015, 09:05 AM

4,213 posts, read 8,306,374 times
There's a pretty short list and varies depending on taste. Mastro's is overall the most popular steakhouse in LA according to Yelp.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:51 PM

1,319 posts, read 4,243,015 times
Used to be a ton of decent steakhouses in Socal. Demographics is changing that; the influx of latinos and asians who are apparently not big on american style steaks.
Taylors is good and seems to be the last of the classic ones. Pacific dining car is decent, but IMO, overpriced. Morton's in beverly hills has a good rep, but I've never been and cant comment on it. There is a Ruths Chris in Bellflower or around there, never eaten there but it is a traditional steak house.
Stay away from the pseudo ones like Black Angus and outback, they are bland. I had a steak at Sizzlers a few months ago and was surprised. I always thought Sizzlers was supposed to be crap, but the steak was good. The rest of the meal was barely a notch above Denny's though.

Old 08-21-2015, 02:19 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,710,703 times
Quote:
Quote:
Must admit, in my 45 years of life, never had this happen to me before & now Im a bit closer to have "seen it all" in my lifetime.

The BACKDROP:

Had a job interview w/ a global company 5 weeks ago & the interview lasted apprx. 2.5 hours. I really hit it off well w/ the VP & manager at the interview & had the right experience for the job. The VP who interviewed me offered me the job hours after my interview. Spent the past few weeks doing all the paperwork, drug test, physical, background check etc. The results of my background check came in this past Friday & get the call that Im good to go.

Monday, went in to get all my computer access log-ins & get set up to attend training classes to update some certifications I already possess etc.

This morning, get a phone call from my boss saying that, he had to recind the jobs for myself & the other 2 guys that were hired because corporate wants to bring in 3 guys from other locations throughout the country to fill these positions & IF any of the 3 guys who get brought here decide that they dont like Los Angeles & dont want to stay, he'll be in touch. BTW, he was extremely & sincerely apologetic throughout the entire convo.

WHOA Nelly!!! Am I just missing something here?? Does this just sound extremely OFF or does this kind of stuff really go on today in the workplace?

Id sincerely appreciate any & all insight....Thank you
Gee, bob. I guess you got over that devastating job loss from Wednesday pretty quickly. You're an amazingly resiliant guy. And so busy with all the different screen names, too!

Old 08-21-2015, 03:11 PM

368 posts, read 413,253 times
Excuse me?

Old 08-21-2015, 03:22 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,710,703 times
Quote:
Excuse me?
Wednesday you suffer a terrible job loss and today you're bantering about steakhouses. Seems odd.

Old 08-21-2015, 03:31 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,628,669 times
Troll troll troll

Old 08-21-2015, 07:25 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Gee, bob. I guess you got over that devastating job loss from Wednesday pretty quickly. You're an amazingly resiliant guy. And so busy with all the different screen names, too!
Maybe he needs a good steak to get him through this tough time. With that said, he may not be able to afford a 'best' steak at the moment and may have to settle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEJWoFfb3P0

[]

Old 08-21-2015, 07:31 PM

23,534 posts, read 24,022,219 times
Taylor's in La Canada and Koreatown, are both great "old school" steakhouses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles