Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 08:53 PM

856 posts, read 1,052,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatedcu View Post
That's right. It's all about perspective. So asking which parts are bad or good is useless. Everyone has to figure out for themselves.
That's hardly true. Anyone who has lived in the South Bay can tell you to stay out of:

Gardena

Lynwood

Compton

Lennox

Carson

South Central L.A.

Wilmington

Harbor City

Watts

Inglewood

I didn't include Hawthorne but every weekend, there was a shooting two buildings over on Cerise where it was only a matter of time before one of the shots in that apartment building would make its way over our way.

Venice is sketchy. Safe enough during the day but at night, stay off the streets of Venice that are just west of Sepulveda.

City of Industry, Vernon and the surrounding area is also a free fire zone. If you don't believe me, then you haven't seen that the motor officers who cruise that area carry shotguns in scabbards on their motorcycles. There's a reason for that.

Paul..........

Last edited by HeadhunterPaul; 08-24-2015 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: additional text
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 09:10 PM

13 posts, read 25,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadhunterPaul View Post
That's hardly true. Anyone who has lived in the South Bay can tell you to stay out of:

Gardena

Lynwood

Compton

Lennox

Carson

South Central L.A.

Wilmington

Harbor City

Watts

Inglewood

I didn't include Hawthorne but every weekend, there was a shooting two buildings over on Cerise where it was only a matter of time before one of the shots in that apartment building would make its way over our way.

Venice is sketchy. Safe enough during the day but at night, stay off the streets of Venice that are just west of Sepulveda.

City of Industry, Vernon and the surrounding area is also a free fire zone. If you don't believe me, then you haven't seen that the motor officers who cruise that area carry shotguns in scabbards on their motorcycles. There's a reason for that.

Paul..........

someone actually answered my question, thank you

Old 08-24-2015, 09:31 PM

Yep.

pf

Old 08-24-2015, 09:48 PM

496 posts, read 574,391 times
That list is too inclusive.

Carson should not be feared. Wayyyyyy too much misinformation on this site. Smh

Old 08-24-2015, 09:59 PM

426 posts, read 423,962 times
Quote:

Gardena

Lynwood

Compton

Lennox

Carson

South Central L.A.

Wilmington

Harbor City

Watts

Inglewood

Paul..........

Exhibit A

Old 08-24-2015, 10:31 PM

Exclamation Places You Don't Want to Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_elise_ View Post

Okay, let's try this again. I was born in the downtown L.A. area and was raised in Redondo Beach. I've lived in various parts of L.A. County, from Signal Hill to Brentwood and I've worked and/or had clients in many parts of L.A. County and of course, I've cruised every city there is to cruise including those in which I had no business cruising through.

After sixty years, I have a pretty good idea of where one would or would not want to live if one does not want to take a chance of catching a stray bullet.

Gardena.......some parts safer than others but Gardena has amongst the highest crime rates in the South Bay. This is not negotiable.

Lynwood....this is not even a discussion. Stay out of Lynwood.

Compton....ditto. Stay out of Compton.

Lennox....triple ditto. Stay out of Lennox unless you believe the Sheriff's will always be one step ahead of you.

Carson....some parts are nicer than others but again, you live in Carson, you increase the odds.

South Central L.A. ....Do I need to even say anything?

Wilmington....some parts are nicer than others but again, the city as a whole cannot be considered unconditionally safe.

Harbor City....ditto

I left out San Pedro but it should be noted that certain parts of Pedro should be considered off limits.

Watts.... Who's kidding who?

Inglewood... Some of Inglewood has some very nice housing but again, overall, it is easier to live somewhere else than risk a stray drive by bullet.

If anyone debates what I've said then they have not lived in L.A. long enough to know better.

And don't get me started on Monterey Park and the surrounding area.

BigBossM, do not disregard my list.

Check the stats if it takes that to convince you. Most of what I've said is common knowledge.

Too much information is better than not enough information.

Paul...........

Old 08-24-2015, 10:55 PM

Exclamation New to L.A. Good and Bad Sectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_elise_ View Post

I think it should be mentioned we are not just discussing 'where it is not so safe' but also quality of life.

I see you live in Ladera Heights so I will add to my list:

Crenshaw District.

I know what you are thinking, Erin, but it is what it is.

And let's not forget:

Pico Rivera.

I'd add 'parts of' Whittier to that list.

And of course, we have:

Parts of Van Nuys.

Tell me when to stop.

Anyone wants to debate this, just spend a few hours listening to a police scanner. A day of that and you won't want to leave your house.

Paul......

Last edited by HeadhunterPaul; 08-24-2015 at 11:25 PM.. Reason: additional text

Old 08-24-2015, 10:56 PM

Exclamation New to L.A. Good and Bad Sectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatedcu View Post
Exhibit A

LOL!

Paul......

Old 08-24-2015, 11:40 PM

426 posts, read 423,962 times
Quote:
LOL!

Paul......

OP think Huntington park is nice. Paul, you think Huntington park is someplace you want to live? I rest my case.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:41 PM

496 posts, read 574,391 times
Quote:
I think it should be mentioned we are not just discussing 'where it is not so safe' but also quality of life.

I see you live in Ladera Heights so I will add to my list:

Crenshaw District.

I know what you are thinking, Erin, but it is what it is.

And let's not forget:

Pico Rivera.

I'd add 'parts of' Whittier to that list.

And of course, we have:

Parts of Van Nuys.

Tell me when to stop.

Anyone wants to debate this, just spend a few hours listening to a police scanner. A day of that and you won't want to leave your house.

Paul......

First of, what does ladera heights have to do with this????? #confused.

Secondly, I lived in Carson for a brief time and NEVED did I fear a stray bullet?? You must be getting Carson confused with other areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles