Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2015, 01:17 AM

90 posts, read 168,390 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am a visitor here to the southern california. I travelled on some of the roads but don't exactly remember which ones other than 73. I was expecting that I would enter my license plate number and be able to find out how much toll I exactly owe on the website www.thetollroads.com/. But it seems I have to remember the date and the entry exit points to pay the tool. How do I figure out how much I owe and pay if I don't remember all the roads I took?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 12:08 PM

176 posts, read 202,418 times
It seems like there should be a license plate search function on there but I have a Fastrak so I don't really remember how to pay without. I would try to find contact info on the website and deal with it ASAP. Those tickets are not cheap!

Old 08-31-2015, 04:00 PM

90 posts, read 168,390 times
Ok. I called them and they said that they have no info right now. It takes two or three weeks for them to process the license plate numbers and then they check their database to see if the driver has paid or not and if not immediately sends them a ticket. So they basically couldn't tell me which roads I have travelled on but I will know when I get a violation in the mail. What sort of a crazy system is that????

Old 08-31-2015, 04:16 PM

671 posts, read 1,190,621 times
The portion of 73 that is all toll road is an odd bird here. Please someone else mention if there are any others like it here. The vast, vast majority are actually toll LANES, not roads. For example, one or two lanes of a freeway are reserved for those who take the option of paying a toll to use what should be less congested lane(s) for ease of drive and time savings, so you really don't have to use or pay any tolls unless you choose to, it is an option, with the exception of a portion of the 73 and it and possibly one other road are pretty far out and desolate. Most, if not all of the toll lanes use and REQUIRE the FastTrak system (no one is there on the road to collect a toll) where you purchase the transponder and link it to an account and then be certain to set the transponder to the correct setting that often relates to the number of people in your vehicle, and it takes advantage of lower toll fare during off-peak hours, etc. I don't know what system the portion of the 73 usues.

This all depends on which roads you will be traveling. You may never need or desire to use the toll lanes, or if you do, the registration via FastTrak should be simple. Others can add more to this or make clarifications.

Old 08-31-2015, 04:20 PM

176 posts, read 202,418 times
One way to prevent the tickets would be to go to the site and get an account. It isn't necessary to get a transponder. Just register your license plate. Then once you get the tickets they will overturn them if you have an account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles