Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 05:41 PM

1,940 posts, read 3,563,646 times

Advertisements

My favorite is this little office building on Highland and Franklin PLACE (not franklin Avenue). If you map it, it's 6051 Franklin PLACE (Not avenue, place!).

It's a tiny parking garage with like eight spots per level and it just keeps going down and down. It's not too bad of a walk up Highland and the rates are reasonable and the parking is NOT stacked. We use it every time.

The other great great thing about it is after the concert. While everyone else is trapped on Highland or Hollywood, you go left out of the garage then up Las Palmas and right on Franklin AVENUE all the way over to Argyle where you go right and then get on the 101 south and avoid the crazy backup.

Or you can go right on Las Palmas and take that all the way down to Sunset (It's light controlled the whole way). Either way, avoid the intersections of Hollywood/Highland or Highland/The 101.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 07:23 PM

6,502 posts, read 7,531,718 times
Thank you Mr. Nero, SoCal 88 and timtemtym. It seems like the consensus is not to park directly at the venue which is what I like to do to save money but most importantly not have to sit in traffic afterwards, my wife and I don't mind walking.

Thank you especially timtemtym for the detailed response with directions. I will give it a the Argyle Avenue route a try. It seems fairly easy to get on the 101 South from there. I will post back later this week to let you know how it went!

Old 10-16-2017, 09:42 PM

266 posts, read 271,635 times
Great venue for a show, excellent sound. I saw Buffett there a few years ago, I would have loved to have seen the Doors there in '68 (I wasn't born yet, so it was impossible). Anyway, the stacked parking wasn't horrible, but a nearby parking garage would be good to use for quick exit.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:23 PM

392 posts, read 1,092,862 times
It is less expensive and totally worth the walk up from Hollywood and Highland Center to avoid stacked parking at Hollywood Bowl - stacked parking and waiting to get out is a nightmare for sure.

The church at the corner of Highland and Franklin (Hollywood United Methodist Church) also opens their lot for Hollywood Bowl event parking - I cannot remember how much it costs, but that is a closer walk up to the venue than Hollywood and Highland.

Last edited by Freebird; 10-16-2017 at 11:07 PM..

Old 10-16-2017, 11:05 PM

392 posts, read 1,092,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtemtym View Post
My favorite is this little office building on Highland and Franklin PLACE (not franklin Avenue). If you map it, it's 6051 Franklin PLACE (Not avenue, place!).

It's a tiny parking garage with like eight spots per level and it just keeps going down and down. It's not too bad of a walk up Highland and the rates are reasonable and the parking is NOT stacked. We use it every time.

The other great great thing about it is after the concert. While everyone else is trapped on Highland or Hollywood, you go left out of the garage then up Las Palmas and right on Franklin AVENUE all the way over to Argyle where you go right and then get on the 101 south and avoid the crazy backup.

Or you can go right on Las Palmas and take that all the way down to Sunset (It's light controlled the whole way). Either way, avoid the intersections of Hollywood/Highland or Highland/The 101.

Thanks for the tip timtemtym, this sounds closer and easier than Hollywood and Highland for sure.

IF you go right on Las Palmas when leaving this office building garage, you can see Julia Roberts' apartment building from the film Pretty Woman on the left, between Yucca St and Hollywood Blvd -

1738 North Las Palmas Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90028

Old 10-20-2017, 11:18 AM

6,502 posts, read 7,531,718 times
Follow up, we could not fine 6051 Franklin PLACE anywhere, so instead we parked at Las Palmas and Yucca Street in a parking garage. $20 dlls flat rate, easy walk up Las Palmas, left on Franklin Place (still didn't see 6051 Frakling Place on foot) and then up Highland to the venue.

Leaving the venue we had to wait at two pedestrian crosswalks for about 10 mins a piece as the police were stopping walkers to let cars and busses/shuttles out of the venue. Other than this, this was the only hold up coming out of the venue. Leaving the garage by car we headed toward Sunset and hopped on the 101 South easily.

What an awesome place for a concert, we can't wait to visit again! Thanks all for the tips!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles