Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 07:41 PM

806 posts, read 958,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_A_Braun View Post
I just love how so many are crapping on Mattingly for leaving Kershaw in too long in past post seasons, when you know perfectly well that had Mattingly pulled Kershaw in those games and the bullpen come in and eff'd things up worse, you would all be blaming Mattingly for pulling Kershaw too quickly.

In otherwords, the only people that suck are those of you that come here or call in to sports talk radio and second guess.

That's the EXACT point I was making...... if he takes Kershaw out and BP blows, he gets the blame. If he keeps Kershaw in and they lose, Kershaw gets the full blame and labeled a "Playoff Choker." Basically throwing him under the bus to save his own skin from blame.

The reason he does this goes back to his first season as Dodgers manager. It was a 1-1 game at the start of the 8th vs. Reds and Kershaw was pitching lights out. Inexplicably, Mattingly takes him out and replaces him with a right handed reliever when the Reds bring in a right handed pinch hitter. The reliever promptly surrendered a hit and the Dodgers lose the game 3-1 because of this moronic move. When asked why he pulled Kershaw, his answer proved why he's the biggest clueless idiot in the world.... "I wanted to get 2 quick outs." The moron thought righty-righty matchup would result in 2 automatic outs. He was roundly ridiculed for this moronic move and since then has refused to pull Kershaw until he blows the game, so he wouldn't get the blame again.

The guy is a complete MORON.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 07:45 PM

Anyone watching the game tonight?

Dodgers had runners on the corners with 1 out... and instead of trying to get the run in for a 2 run lead, Mattingly is fighting with Ethier in the dugout. They end up scoring 0. Now the game's tied.

What an IDIOT!!!!!!

Please FIRE this MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-15-2015, 08:24 PM

Gee, how big would that 3rd run have been?

Mets leading 3-2.

All because that idiot Mattingly thought taking a jab at Ethier was more important than managing the game.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:30 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,011,395 times
I'm surprised we got this far with Mattingly at the helm.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:48 PM

Season over prematurely once again. No, I have no faith in a comeback. I don't have stats for this season but IIRC Dodgers were 0-50 last season when behind after 7 innings.

Thanks Mattingly, you stupid MORON. Best pitching staff and best hitting lineup the past 4 seasons, not to mention the highest payroll.... and couldn't even reach the WS.

Have fun in Miami as their skipper, you POS!!!!!!

Old 10-15-2015, 09:21 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,944,895 times
Chokers again.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:22 PM

Congrats to the Mets.

But lets be real here, you beat a mentally handicapped manager in Mattingly so not exactly a great accomplishment.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:31 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,199,177 times
Oh well, wait till next year. GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-15-2015, 10:25 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
What a joke.

Old 10-16-2015, 10:13 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,823,491 times
I'm not a Dodgers fan and I can't believe the hate for Mattingly. I have been a hardcore baseball fan for 30+ years and the manager in baseball doesn't have nearly as much to do with wins and losses as coaches in other sports. There is really not that much in game strategy or pre game strategy. This is not football where you are game planning for a week or two before the game and scripting out the first 20 plays etc. A manager in the NL might have to make a double switch once in a while....wow!! The Dodgers have 2 great pitchers and one very good hitter (A Gone) and really nothing else. It's not a championship roster and that's not Mattingly's fault. The Dodgers also have no character guys whatsoever. Kershaw, Grienke and A Gone are your leaders and they all seem like they barely have a pulse. I'm a Red Sox fan and they won 3 World Series because they had talent AND character. Who on the Dodgers has the fire in their belly to win like Schilling, Paplebon, Lester, Papi, Pedroia, Damon, Millar, Mueller, Napoli, Gomes, Roberts etc etc? Love em or hate em those are all players that get will get knocked down and get back up and punch you in the mouth. By the way, the Mets have a roster full of guys like that. The Mets don't have any more talent then the Dodgers but they have heart and as soon as Utley took out Tejada there was no way they were going to lose.

Mattingly will certainly be gone but you should hope that Puig, Ethier, A Gone and some of the other stiffs on the roster are gone and replaced with guys that want to win at all cost
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: