Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 12:01 PM

1,011 posts, read 976,202 times

Advertisements

Why are you feeding the troll? 365 days of heat? Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 12:40 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,488,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofla View Post
I was born and raised in Los Angeles and just don't get the appeal of this place. Overcrowded, crappy weather, rents/mortgages astronomical, air pollution, etc. I live 20 miles from my job, takes me almost an hour and a half to get there. I honestly can't find a single reason to stay here for the rest of my life.

I'd love to live in a place that has nice cool falls and springs and a cool to cold winter. I'd be able to put up with a blistering hot summer if I knew the sweet relief of fall/winter was ahead. The trouble with LA is you never get that relief... 365 days of heat. No thank you.
By all means, let's trade places. You are welcome to all that NYC has to offer. Come take a bite of the Big Apple.

Old 10-11-2015, 01:17 PM

317 posts, read 403,493 times
Lol bad weather?

You've got it made buddy. Tell me how many winters it takes until you're sick of having to shovel 1-3 feet of snow around your car and all of your driveway every bad snow storm and then having to put up with the bad roads and salt once your even on the road. Then tell me how much fun it is avoiding potholes that the salt and snow plows caused every winter where they don't patch them up until spring/summer.

Also have fun in the nice sticky sweaty humid NJ summers. Although I will admit this past summer hasn't been really humid for a change.

Old 10-11-2015, 01:31 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
I was born and raised in Los Angeles and just don't get the appeal of this place. Overcrowded, crappy weather, rents/mortgages astronomical, air pollution, etc. I live 20 miles from my job, takes me almost an hour and a half to get there. I honestly can't find a single reason to stay here for the rest of my life.

I'd love to live in a place that has nice cool falls and springs and a cool to cold winter. I'd be able to put up with a blistering hot summer if I knew the sweet relief of fall/winter was ahead. The trouble with LA is you never get that relief... 365 days of heat. No thank you.

Hmmmm.....I don't even think you have ever been to LA.

365 days of heat? Hardly....LOL. Yes the heat is on now and it brutal, but last week it was in low 70s for highs and perfect. It will cool down soon enough. I hardly call temps in the 60s and down into the 40s and sometimes 30s at night "hot weather", which is what it is in the winter months.

And 90 minutes to go 20 miles? I don't think so. I used to commute 18 miles, it was 45 minutes.

I agree fall is nice back east, nice crisp air and beautiful colors, but they're expecting a winter worse than last year, you know where is snowed from Nov till well into April. People were losing their minds with the amount of snow....not fun when you have to get to work.

You want to talk about miserable, try FL, hot and humid 8 to 9 months out of the year.

Old 10-11-2015, 01:47 PM

17 posts, read 29,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Hmmmm.....I don't even think you have ever been to LA.

365 days of heat? Hardly....LOL. Yes the heat is on now and it brutal, but last week it was in low 70s for highs and perfect. It will cool down soon enough. I hardly call temps in the 60s and down into the 40s and sometimes 30s at night "hot weather", which is what it is in the winter months.

And 90 minutes to go 20 miles? I don't think so. I used to commute 18 miles, it was 45 minutes.

I agree fall is nice back east, nice crisp air and beautiful colors, but they're expecting a winter worse than last year, you know where is snowed from Nov till well into April. People were losing their minds with the amount of snow....not fun when you have to get to work.

You want to talk about miserable, try FL, hot and humid 8 to 9 months out of the year.
Yeah, I exaggerated a bit. Took me an hour to go 20 miles. The weather does get better in around November generally, but as you know 90 degree days in January aren't unheard of here. I'd take the eastern fall 365 days a year. Is there anywhere in the world with weather that perfect year round though? I can dream.

Old 10-11-2015, 02:33 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,624,242 times
Quote:
Yeah, I exaggerated a bit. Took me an hour to go 20 miles. The weather does get better in around November generally, but as you know 90 degree days in January aren't unheard of here. I'd take the eastern fall 365 days a year. Is there anywhere in the world with weather that perfect year round though? I can dream.
Yes you did, but at least you admitted it....LOL. Well while it can hit 90 in January, it's rare and it lasts a day or two.

The thing is those nice falls in places like Boston only last a month, than you have 5 months of winter, and again it's supposed to be as bad as last year in regards to the snow. The boss doesn't care if you have two feet of snow in the driveway, find a way to get in. I have a friend who lives there and they were going stir crazy with the never ending winter, they got two major storm well into April.

Old 10-11-2015, 02:50 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times
Quote:
Have fun enjoying the humidity on the East coast.

Old 10-11-2015, 03:47 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,183,326 times
Quote:
I was born here, family is all here. i just don't understand why people move here and add to the congestion. You'd be better off where you left, this place isn't what it's cracked up to be.

I've been all over this country. I'd take an Ohio or Pennsylvania over this place any day.
Why don't you stop making excuses and move instead of whining like a child?

Old 10-11-2015, 07:40 PM

52,198 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I agree... I was born and raised here too, I agree with most of your list, I do like the weather here though, but yeah, LA is way way overrated in my opinion too.

Too much traffic, too overcrowded for my liking and the cost of everything is ridiculous.

I own a home and I'd love to sell this sucker and go somewhere out of state and drop a huge down payment on a nicer place and have a very very small mortgage, probably 500 bucks a month or something stupid like that... house payment would be cheaper than a damn car payment... LOL...

I can't take the traffic anymore these days, can't go shopping half the time you can't find a parking spot... LOL.....

Old 10-11-2015, 10:18 PM

8,335 posts, read 6,419,063 times
You didn't mention idiot liberal Democrats Communist in total control, city, county and state with their stupid laws and constantly increasing taxes and other laws that cost you money for nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles