Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 05:28 PM

142 posts, read 119,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
This thread needs more cute diagrams to help me understand what's really going on.
Person (green) cross street on walk light
he made it to the middle of the road
Some car (red) rush straight at you at 35mph
Driver notices you and drives around you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 06:00 PM

8,452 posts, read 14,962,200 times
Was there a speeding police car behind him? Seems to be a lot of this lately

Old 12-26-2015, 08:37 PM

645 posts, read 744,462 times
no offense but if I ever have to cross a street I run across..i never think oh they will automatically stop for me. I know how crazy people drive these days....I see pedestrians crossing so damn slow some times and these are young able bodied people....its understandable to go slow if you are elderly or disabled but not the young people who are just being lazy...pedestrians always have the right away in most cases but they should always be alert and do whatever to protect themselves don't expect douchebag drivers to always stop for you...

Old 12-27-2015, 10:41 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,413,544 times
It's a contest of wills. The people walking usually stroll across as slowly and carelessly as possible to try and **** off drivers. Drivers like to get on the heals of walkers and/or honk at them in order to **** them off. Everyone sucks equally.

Old 12-27-2015, 08:19 PM

536 posts, read 635,226 times
I saw an elderly man try to cross a busy intersection. He had the right of way but the light turned green before he could fully get across and someone aggressively honked at him. The car started moving so he began to run to get to the other side out of fear. He ended up tripping on the curb and bruised his leg. True story (I was on the sidewalk and went over to him to help him out). That driver was such an *******!

Old 12-27-2015, 08:37 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,523,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
no offense but if I ever have to cross a street I run across..i never think oh they will automatically stop for me. I know how crazy people drive these days....I see pedestrians crossing so damn slow some times and these are young able bodied people....its understandable to go slow if you are elderly or disabled but not the young people who are just being lazy...pedestrians always have the right away in most cases but they should always be alert and do whatever to protect themselves don't expect douchebag drivers to always stop for you...

You're smart. Get across the street and stop texting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
It's a contest of wills. The people walking usually stroll across as slowly and carelessly as possible to try and **** off drivers. Drivers like to get on the heals of walkers and/or honk at them in order to **** them off. Everyone sucks equally.
Real smart to try and p**s off the drivers, the car is going to win in the end. Regardless of who is in the wrong. Best to pay attention and make an effort if you're able bodied to cross quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles