Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2017, 02:36 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,320,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chom Ski View Post
I lived in LA for 16 years. It fits the "evil" category no doubt. People who claim it to be a nice place are in denial. It's an expensive overpopulated vortex that sucks you in like a bad dream and you stay there until you decide to wake up and leave. "But the weather is nice" you keep telling yourself. Then you start repeating new age stuff to yourself you heard from others in Hollywood to sort of hypnotize yourself and numb the pain. You start thinking of yourself as an Angeleno, or something. You come up with some bull**** identity. "Actor", or "Writer" or something. The worst thing people do is they convince themselves "it can't get any better than this" I mean how could it possibly get any better then LA!? The most famous city in the world? Palm Trees. Beautiful women. All within an arms reach. But you know really well that it's all just a phantasm. You never get it. Keith Richards never lived in LA and said that it has a way of grinding people down. La just has a matter of fact vibe that comes off evil as it's infrastructure is strained and it has the worst traffic in the county, high pollution, too many people and too little jobs to sustain the influx. Going to work within the city limits can take 2 hours. Rush hour lasts all day until late at night. Everyone has to deal with this. Even Tom Cruise. The cost of living is through the roof all over. Rent is now insanely high. So yeah... It is evil. Lol.

As or more evil than NYC and Chicago?

When was life good for the average person there, in your opinion?

As for repeating "new age stuff" or other things, there's the quote from a historical figure that goes "A lie told often enough becomes truth".

The average "actor" or "writer" earns very little, if I'm not mistaken.

Infrastructure strained, bad traffic, high pollution, and not enough jobs doesn't make it evil. They subtract from it's desirability.

I didn't know rush hour lasts all day until late at night. One can infer the roads are still packed despite there being more flexible work hours for people compared to other metro areas (I don't know if this is true or not).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 03:04 PM

206 posts, read 154,330 times
Awesome thread! Glad it got pushed up and that I found it.

Well, this place does have a surreal, hypnotizing feeling to it. I was born here but I grew up in the desert. However I moved here to go to college and, it was a life changing experience.

Just the size of the area, all the cars on the freeway, all the multi story buildings with people in them, just wondering about all that "life" there was here was just wow!

This place has this other worldly vibe to it. It's almost as if you are "somewhere else". Which yeah, I am, but there is just this "other worldly" surreal vibe to it, if you guys know what I mean. It has this thing where it makes me feel like I never want to leave, and for a long time my head was stuck with that "I don't think I'll ever want to move away from here". Now, I really don't care if I stay or go.

I think that might be something similar. Not sure though. But there is a vibe to this place.

Old 11-04-2017, 03:17 AM

2,536 posts, read 2,734,969 times
Wow some real psychos here!!
Yes it is real evil here.

Old 11-19-2017, 02:55 PM

3 posts, read 2,121 times
I was surfing the net waiting for David "I Think I Love You" Cassidy to snuff it and I came across this link in Google. I registered here so I could reply to this thread. I was not on drugs when this happened, as in nothing at all. And this did happen.

A couple of days after Christmas 2001 I took the train from Santa Barbara to Union Station in LA to meet a fellow I'd corresponded with on IORR, a Rolling Stones fan base. The instant my foot touched the platform as I got off the train two words HELL CITY, like a bolt of electricity came up and through me.

Whilst ordering a coffee at the station where we chatted I had my first panic attack. My friend left and I killed time before boarding the train back to SB. I went through some kind of LSD-esque disorientation, scared ****less for no reason.

On the train back to SB I called my sister in Seattle and talked to my niece, telling her never to go to LA it was evil. The telephone conversation has elements of somebody escaping something. The train whizzing along at a hundred miles and hour, people watching me...

That's the whole story. So bloody weird as I'm usually leading a peaceful, ordered life.

Old 11-19-2017, 03:10 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,605,248 times
Perhaps the OP picked up on the Harvey Weinstein/Kevin Spacey/James Toback et. al. vibe.

Old 11-19-2017, 06:27 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,136,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Perhaps the OP picked up on the Harvey Weinstein/Kevin Spacey/James Toback et. al. vibe.
All of them like very young meat.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:40 AM

4,213 posts, read 8,303,842 times
LA is a place where you can never let your guard down.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:52 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,592,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
LA is a place where you can never let your guard down.
That's America these days. And a lot of other countries.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:01 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,646,935 times
I haven't been to L.A. for years, but I definitely felt the evil vibe when I went to visit a friend. At the time I was thinking of relocating there, and after that visit, there would have been no way in Hell!

I am very sensitive, so maybe it is something only sensitive people pick up on.

There are vibes in places and that is NOT weirdness - everything is energy and when bad stuff happens, sometimes bad energies linger.

I have studied Feng Shui and take the above quite seriously.

I would think that other areas where lots of trauma has occurred would also feel sad or bad (like Hiroshima or Nagasaki).

Broken dreams would create a feeling of sadness.

I don't know what might account for the evil/bad feelings (well the Mason killings, for one, but there have to had been lots of other bad things that happened there).

I don't know where exactly Jack the Ripper practiced in London - I wonder if that place has the bad vibes?

There are also quite a few perverts in L.A., so that could explain some of it.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:02 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,592,101 times
Interesting this thread came up again considering who just died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles