Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 03:34 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Do not move to California without a job lined up.
This is really good advice because what will happen........most likely......... OP you will end up living on the streets getting in confrontations with us from CD when you harass us for handouts at the local shopping areas and wondering why you came to the top 3 highest cost of living areas in the US with no plan just a fantasy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2015, 03:44 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,422,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenKLS View Post
Yeah I know but moving there without any prospects or someone to crash with, I just worry.
Which was exactly my point. Why LA specifically? You'd have an easier time getting started in places that have a lower COL as well as a better job economy.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:47 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Well, people in Glendale seem to be able to afford to drive Mercedes and BMWs while collecting welfare. So if you know how to work the system and you have it "organized" with many people working together you apparently can earn a lot of money
Those Armenians?!?!?

Theres like really no way you can get all that money from welfare and the government if you don't have kids under 18.

Last edited by owl6969; 12-17-2015 at 05:59 PM..

Old 12-17-2015, 06:26 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,823,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl6969 View Post
Those Armenians?!?!?

Theres like really no way you can get all that money from welfare and the government if you don't have kids under 18.
I see lots of them with kids under 18. Apparently they all live in the same house and all work at one family members' business and get paid under the table and collect wellfare on the side....or so I've heard. But I have seen people pay for groceries with EBT and go out and drive off on in their brand new Mercedes with no plates on it

Old 12-17-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
I see lots of them with kids under 18. Apparently they all live in the same house and all work at one family members' business and get paid under the table and collect wellfare on the side....or so I've heard. But I have seen people pay for groceries with EBT and go out and drive off on in their brand new Mercedes with no plates on it
Its almost hard to believe that those people in Glendale are doing such things and for so long.

It's almost like you need to have a whole lot of kids under 18 and fit all sorts of requirements and criteria not just for income to even think about getting that kind of money from the government.

Old 12-18-2015, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Its almost hard to believe that those people in Glendale are doing such things and for so long.

It's almost like you need to have a whole lot of kids under 18 and fit all sorts of requirements and criteria not just for income to even think about getting that kind of money from the government.
If there is one thing that I will say about them is that they are a very family oriented culture. They seem to have a lot of kids and extended family and they help each other out

Old 12-18-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
If there is one thing that I will say about them is that they are a very family oriented culture. They seem to have a lot of kids and extended family and they help each other out
I've seen some that ain't like that at all.

Old 12-18-2015, 06:30 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:

Many also receive benefits for asylum.

Old 12-18-2015, 06:39 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
This is a common sight in the parking lot of the Ralphs on N Central in Glendale.

Old 12-18-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
I've seen some that ain't like that at all.
Even the ones that are young, punk, gang member wannabes live at home with mom, dad, siblings and their aunts, uncles and cousins. At least from my experience in the neighborhoods I've lived in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles