Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2016, 10:29 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I've lived in many different states and for the most part CA drivers are much better than others. Florida was another story. I feared for my life on most days.
Exactly. Every once in awhile you get a jerk here, but for the most part people drive pretty good and they don't tailgate.

Speaking of FL, you can do 10 miles over the speed limit and they're on your a**, and up ahead of you is grandma doing 20 miles under the speed limit.

FL is the scariest state in the country to drive in, and one out of four FL drivers has no car insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2016, 11:15 AM

1,011 posts, read 976,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Exactly. Every once in awhile you get a jerk here, but for the most part people drive pretty good and they don't tailgate.

Speaking of FL, you can do 10 miles over the speed limit and they're on your a**, and up ahead of you is grandma doing 20 miles under the speed limit.

FL is the scariest state in the country to drive in, and one out of four FL drivers has no car insurance.
I have to agree. Stop signs are only suggestions over there.

Old 01-19-2016, 12:00 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,318,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
I sure have.

90% of the people living in this city are the most incompetent fools I've ever seen.

i dont know if these people are genuinely retarded, inconsiderate or straight up a-holes.

example: left turn lane.

THE IDIOTS WHO DONT FULLY GET ON THIS LANE TO TURN LEFT, LEAVING THEIR A$$ES STICKING OUT IN THE OTHER LANE MESSING UP THE ENTIRE TRAFFIC.

and dont even get me started on idiots who try to turn left when theres 3 signs saying no left turn during rush hour.

i seriously want to get out of my car and beat the hell out of these amoebas with a baseball bat.

am i the only one?
I doubt that you have experienced 90% of the LA drivers. You realize how many millions of drivers you would have to experience to reach 90%? Ha!

But I agree that there exist many a-hole drivers on our freeways, especially the tailgaters and speeders who act as if they are the only one's on the road who matter.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:01 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,402,599 times
Quote:
I sure have.

90% of the people living in this city are the most incompetent fools I've ever seen.

i dont know if these people are genuinely retarded, inconsiderate or straight up a-holes.

example: left turn lane.

THE IDIOTS WHO DONT FULLY GET ON THIS LANE TO TURN LEFT, LEAVING THEIR A$$ES STICKING OUT IN THE OTHER LANE MESSING UP THE ENTIRE TRAFFIC.

and dont even get me started on idiots who try to turn left when theres 3 signs saying no left turn during rush hour.

i seriously want to get out of my car and beat the hell out of these amoebas with a baseball bat.

am i the only one?
Come up here to the Bay Area and compare. You'll begin singing "I looooooove LA!"

Old 01-19-2016, 03:44 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
What do the retards who don't know how to drive have anything to do with the city? Nothing.

Not only should they be out of this city, but they should also lose their license for having too many chromosomes.
Take medication and/or seek therapy. Road rage and you'll end up dead, hurt, or in jail with your license stripped away and your future ruined.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:06 PM

8,321 posts, read 13,450,418 times
Quote:
I can tell you are one of those amoebas.
I agree with what you are saying as I probably am one of the 10% who is cussing and pulling his hair too but when you make a derogatory statement like "90% of the people in LA is this or that..." and your audience is also 90% LA people, is some of the reaction should not come as a surprise.

And then you will see some conformist fools will tell you such and such a place is a lot worse, etc. in order to get you to accept what is not really normal or acceptable. In some ways, I have to agree with those because what could you possibly do about it?
If you take action then you are likely to get hurt and/or end up in trouble with the law. If you do not take action and just huff and puff, then you are just putting yourself in an early grave.

The one that annoys me is the slowpokes who hog the left lane. They don't seem to realize, technically, all roads are highways and slow traffic should keep right and free the passing (left) lane but they do ever?
How about slamming the brakes to make a right turn without properly signaling and decreasing speed?
How about the special ones who drive like a maniac to cut in front of you (especially when you are in the left lane), forcing you to even hit the brakes, only to slow down and drag the traffic behind them?
List goes on...

I think it should be legal to take these losers out of the human gene pool and at the very least prevent them from reproducing.

This is sadly a part of life in a large metropolitan area. Why? Because life here is hectic. 24 hours doesn't quite seem to cut it for most people, stress builds up over time too. You need to find a way to vent but also control your emotions otherwise you may end up on 11 o'clock news as the guy who snapped and drove over xx many people.

I always remember late George Carlin's quote and smile:

Quote:

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Old 01-19-2016, 07:11 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
I agree with what you are saying as I probably am one of the 10% who is cussing and pulling his hair too but when you make a derogatory statement like "90% of the people in LA is this or that..." and your audience is also 90% LA people, is some of the reaction should not come as a surprise.

And then you will see some conformist fools will tell you such and such a place is a lot worse, etc. in order to get you to accept what is not really normal or acceptable. In some ways, I have to agree with those because what could you possibly do about it?
If you take action then you are likely to get hurt and/or end up in trouble with the law. If you do not take action and just huff and puff, then you are just putting yourself in an early grave.

The one that annoys me is the slowpokes who hog the left lane. They don't seem to realize, technically, all roads are highways and slow traffic should keep right and free the passing (left) lane but they do ever?
How about slamming the brakes to make a right turn without properly signaling and decreasing speed?
How about the special ones who drive like a maniac to cut in front of you (especially when you are in the left lane), forcing you to even hit the brakes, only to slow down and drag the traffic behind them?
List goes on...

I think it should be legal to take these losers out of the human gene pool and at the very least prevent them from reproducing.

This is sadly a part of life in a large metropolitan area. Why? Because life here is hectic. 24 hours doesn't quite seem to cut it for most people, stress builds up over time too. You need to find a way to vent but also control your emotions otherwise you may end up on 11 o'clock news as the guy who snapped and drove over xx many people.

I always remember late George Carlin's quote and smile:
...or Michael Douglass in Falling Down - set in LA of course.

Old 01-19-2016, 07:32 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,011,395 times
"Open the glove box, gonna reach inside"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cr0LJ3GKKg

Old 01-19-2016, 11:02 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,307,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
"Open the glove box, gonna reach inside"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cr0LJ3GKKg

Forgot about that song, one of the classics of the 90s. That's the beauty of road rage. Gets us back to our primal instinct. It's fascinating how ordinary people we might otherwise like become life or death enemies on the road.

Old 01-19-2016, 11:17 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Find a good car modification shop and have them install a big air horn - like the type on a train or at least a big commercial semi tractor-trailer rig. Something like this 3 trumpet 152 decibel system:
Does it require that air compressor as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles