Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 11:25 AM

2,148 posts, read 2,915,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
Do you have to live the SFV? Is there no other part of LA you would consider moving to?
The valley is where my friends and family are. I would live in Santa monica,west hollywood,Brentwood,pasadena or glendale. Those areas aren't cheap either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 11:28 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,035,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
The valley is where my friends and family are. I would live in Santa monica,west hollywood,Brentwood,pasadena or glendale. Those areas aren't cheap either.
Based on your descriptions, your "friends" seem pretty cruddy, and your family didn't welcome you back to stay for your visit so....why care? Plant some roots in SEA and enjoy!

Old 01-29-2016, 11:29 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,175,962 times
Quote:
That's right I can't afford LA. My friends just don't get it. LA is unaffordable unless you make 6 figures or more a year.
That's demonstrably false. The vast majority of people here don't earn 6-figure salaries and yet the streets aren't littered with the dead bodies of service industry employees.

Quote:
In Seattle people aren't superficial like they are in LA. In LA employers discriminated against me because of my Aspergers. Moving to Seattle was one of the best choices I ever made in life.

It's not superficiality to pass over an autistic applicant for a position. That's not what superficiality is. Unless you just have Aspergers of the face you probably got passed over for being weird and whiny.

Quote:

I grew up very well off. My dad is a doctor.
Then why aren't you rolling in piles of gold up in the magical land of Seattle?

Old 01-29-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Based on your descriptions, your "friends" seem pretty cruddy, and your family didn't welcome you back to stay for your visit so....why care? Plant some roots in SEA and enjoy!
That's what im doing now. Im starting to plant new roots in seattle

Old 01-29-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
That's demonstrably false. The vast majority of people here don't earn 6-figure salaries and yet the streets aren't littered with the dead bodies of service industry employees.

It's not superficiality to pass over an autistic applicant for a position. That's not what superficiality is. Unless you just have Aspergers of the face you probably got passed over for being weird and whiny.

Im happy having my parents not support me.

Old 01-29-2016, 11:53 AM

3,190 posts, read 3,175,962 times
Quote:
OK? What does that have to do with anything? I asked why you aren't rolling in money in Seattle. You hyped up Seattle as being so amazing and rife with opportunities.

Old 01-29-2016, 12:03 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,376,337 times
Quote:
That's what im doing now. Im starting to plant new roots in seattle
Then why are you actively trying to move back to LA?

Old 01-29-2016, 12:03 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,655,017 times
I live in a 1937 apt bldg on San Vicente in SM. Been here 25 yrs or so, rent control YES... People have moved out and many of us longtimers stay. Can't beat this area for anything else. In my good walking days I walked to Palisades Park and walked down the canyon to the beach. But my walking is a mess with OA and hip job.

LA Marathon comes down this street to the final pier location...the end. I hear it's coming up soon. I don't watch it anymore, too much agony and broken joints...

Anyway, there will always be someone to take these rentals...location location location.

Two tenants moved out recently, one went back to DC and the other gal left for a man I heard.

We have two vacancies and I heard they were trying to get $3K area....they may stay vacant for a while. Two young tenants moved into two back apts and I'd bet at the close to $2K range.

Old 01-29-2016, 12:09 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,574,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Exactly, OP couldn't stay with one "friend" on a recent visit. So we had to hear about the high cost of hotels in the Valley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post

I never made six figures, lived well enough in LA.

Old 01-29-2016, 12:12 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,574,545 times
Quote:

You're 34 years old. Most people are in their mid 20s at the latest when the parents stop supporting them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles