Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 06:57 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,113,639 times

Advertisements

You'll love this: Park LaBrea is directly across the street from the Grove (a movie theatre, Barnes and Noble, Bath and Body Works and Cost Plus) and the Farmer's Market. There's also two shopping centers that have a Ross, Kmart and Whole Foods Market. Erewhon is just down the street on Beverly. You can walk everywhere and be very safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 05:50 PM

2 posts, read 16,396 times
I too am a fall 2008 FIDM student...I'd love to meet new people. I'm moving from PA & am looking at housing now.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:10 AM

1 posts, read 2,043 times
ok first of all....FIDM does have housing you can stay in and there is buses you can take from housing to housing. BUT i would recommend staying at the Renaissance which is the one that shares the block with FIDM. A studio there is cheaper than the housing FIDM offers. The school is not horrible. FIDM is not gonna be your mom and guide you to a job.When you go to a university, do they give you a job? no. so why should FIDM do that? Its up to you to put yourself out there. FIDM is a great school. The teachers all want you to pass their classes and there are thousands of tutoring options. But you have to be extremely serious about the fashion industry here. Its not about "shopping"...and believe me the school is so intense that you wont have time to go shopping. Its a lot of work....but its all worth it. People cant expect FIDM to baby them. This isnt High School anymore. Im just finishing my first quarter there. I love it. But you have to find ways to always stay motivated and inspired. Managing your time well will also help you alot. NO PARTIES! dont let anything ********* up. Its only 2 years and every quarter is only 9 weeks. It goes by realllllllly fast. so stay focused. stay motivated. and keep looking towards your goal. But it truely is a great school. Only the idiots who werent serious and gave up were the ones who dropped out.

Old 11-27-2008, 12:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,908 times
hey to anyone who knows San Francisco, so where would be the best place to live by FIDM if looking for an apartment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles