Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 01:22 PM

810 posts, read 851,670 times

Advertisements

so very few iconic stadium left really. Dodger Stadium, Fenway and Wrigley are the only REAL stadiums left and the only's with decent names not named after some freaking corporation. Oh yeah Commisky is still called that isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2016, 05:55 PM

270 posts, read 325,762 times
Comiskey is now US Cellular Field, sadly! Another without a name sponsor is Angel Stadium, though it had a name sponsor (Edison, the local electric company) a few years ago. Angel Stadium is actually the fourth oldest MLB ballpark currently in operation. Dates back to the 60s or so but has been remodeled since then. Angel Stadium is a good time but isn't traditional or iconic: old modern stadium, built before the retro stadium trend. I am usually more of a baseball traditionalist but I really like Angel Stadium anyway. Friendly, a little corny-gimmicky (the fake rock water feature at right center-- with flames and fireworks shooting out!-- is so ridiculously Disneyland), and just plain fun. If you like baseball and are going to LA I think it's worth it to go out to Anaheim and see the Angels too if they're in town, but that might be just me. Dodger Stadium is the more "serious" of the two.

Old 03-12-2016, 11:10 PM

810 posts, read 851,670 times
After I posted i was thinking of the Angels too. Wasn't it called Anaheim Stadium?

When was the Angels franchise founded it was after the Dodgers wasn't it?

Old 03-14-2016, 02:12 AM

270 posts, read 325,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl063 View Post
After I posted i was thinking of the Angels too. Wasn't it called Anaheim Stadium?

When was the Angels franchise founded it was after the Dodgers wasn't it?
1961, so a few years after the Dodgers came to LA. It was Anaheim Stadium, then Edison something, now Angel Stadium of Anaheim.

You know, I just realized... Was the Dodger game you wanted to see the one vs. the White Sox on March 19th? Unfortunately, that's a spring training game in Arizona! There are LA-area college baseball games this weekend though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles