Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 04:21 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,441,003 times

Advertisements

Maybe it's hard to say.
Also a lot of people inherit money and just blow it all too.
Looks like even back in the early 90s Kris Jenner was spending a lot of money.
Of course Bruce Jenner (now Caitlyn) had his own wealth too.

Caitlyn worth $100million now estimated
Some speculation she could be worth $500million in the future.....which sounds hard to believe..but who knows

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2244402
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 04:25 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,818,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGregorShow View Post
Armenian is an ethnicity. American is not.

If you were German, you would fly the German flag high. Even if you were American by birth.
Armenian is actually a nationality as is American. That is exactly what the problem is. They are promoting another country within our country not a race, religion or ethnicity

Old 04-26-2016, 04:38 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,720,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Maybe it's hard to say.
Also a lot of people inherit money and just blow it all too.
Looks like even back in the early 90s Kris Jenner was spending a lot of money.
Of course Bruce Jenner (now Caitlyn) had his own wealth too.

Caitlyn worth $100million now estimated
Some speculation she could be worth $500million in the future.....which sounds hard to believe..but who knows

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2244402
Another example of being rich makes it easy to be richer. I'm not saying they're not rich, I'm saying it wasn't their own talent that made them where they are today

Old 04-27-2016, 05:24 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Armenian is actually a nationality as is American. That is exactly what the problem is. They are promoting another country within our country not a race, religion or ethnicity
The US is not at war with Armenia. The US enjoys good relations with Armenia. You're making it sound like people are flying North Korean flags.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:19 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,693,457 times
Default Why is it okay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howiester View Post
More proof America is not a "melting pot," despite how hard the government tries to jam that down our throats

My visitors from the UK were surprised to see their flag hanging on more than one occasion when they visited me recently. I don't see what the big deal is as regards that or Armenians hanging their flags, especially in view of the recent 100 year anniversary date of their mass extermination at the hands of the remnants of the Ottoman Empire.
So yes, America really has always been a melting pot since before it was an independent nation.
A study of history reveals how there has always been a tension between those whose family lines have been here a while versus the newer arrivals, especially when the newly-arriving ethnicities introduce a new element to the population. The Irish went through a most hated status.. the Italians went through it... southeast Europeans... etc... & now it's Hispanics.
It's not the government shoving/jamming anything but rather it's the reality of what we are as a people.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:37 AM

1,855 posts, read 2,916,501 times
OP you may be happy to know that a plane was flying the Turkish flag over the protests on April 24.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:41 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,441,003 times
I saw an Armenian flag flying in a strip mall parking lot yesterday.

It could be a fun game to play in the car with kids.
Spot the Armenian flag.
They do get creative with it. I've seen some that put the flag design wrapped around their sideview mirrors and stuff like that.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:17 AM

4,629 posts, read 3,390,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
my visitors from the uk were surprised to see their flag hanging on more than one occasion when they visited me recently. I don't see what the big deal is as regards that or armenians hanging their flags, especially in view of the recent 100 year anniversary date of their mass extermination at the hands of the remnants of the ottoman empire.
So yes, america really has always been a melting pot since before it was an independent nation.
A study of history reveals how there has always been a tension between those whose family lines have been here a while versus the newer arrivals, especially when the newly-arriving ethnicities introduce a new element to the population. The irish went through a most hated status.. The italians went through it... Southeast europeans... Etc... & now it's hispanics.
It's not the government shoving/jamming anything but rather it's the reality of what we are as a people.

+1

Old 04-27-2016, 09:24 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,685,373 times
I dont understand what the issue is?
I see flags from all over the world being displayed in various forums on a daily basis. I see flags from Colombia and Venezuela and Cuba a lot in Miami. I also see Puerto Rican flags (technically American, I know, but culturally it's its own thing)... I see british flags, Italian flag, Irish flags, etc... I see no issue with someone flying other flags besides American flags.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:39 AM

672 posts, read 2,174,512 times
The basic reasons people come to the USA are either
- the old country was great but there is more money to be made here
- the old country became too dangerous

Thus, the basic reasons people like to fly the flag of the old country
- even though I make more money here, I miss my homeland
- or, I grieve for the loss what my homeland was before it became dangerous

Neither of those things are really worrying.

Sometime flags really are dangerous if they mean things like "our group only, you're not allowed" or "we hate you and will kill you if you enter our territory", but, that isn't what's going on here.

Last edited by Mike121; 04-27-2016 at 11:40 AM.. Reason: to / two / too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles