Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 01:13 PM

36 posts, read 112,283 times

Advertisements

After years trying, I finally got approval from my company to transfer to our Calabasas office. My wife and I love the Thousand Oaks area, but we are actually going to look at Beverly Hills just to do something different. We are moving from normal mid-west suburbia. Our budget is $5,000 a month to rent which will get you a duplex in BH or something way nicer in Westlake Village. My question is this. Will those that we meet through our children be friendly and normal? My wife and I are very engaging and make friends everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 01:32 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,393,640 times
I thought you worked online with no office to anchor you?

Old 05-24-2016, 02:46 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,193,073 times
your budget will be much closer to the median in calabasas/TO compared to BH. and if you'll have to commute to calabasas regularly, that will be a pretty crappy drive.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:13 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,305,577 times
Beverly Hills is "friendly" but more so if you're very wealthy and of a certain status/class/interest. You might be, but you might not be. Regardless of all that, you are better off in Thousand Oaks or Westlake Village, because of where your job is. And those areas are arguably more genuinely friendly. The only downside is those areas aren't close to the action of LA but that shouldn't be terribly important to you since you are raising children and working in Calabasas.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:23 PM

581 posts, read 920,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onething6 View Post
After years trying, I finally got approval from my company to transfer to our Calabasas office. My wife and I love the Thousand Oaks area, but we are actually going to look at Beverly Hills just to do something different. We are moving from normal mid-west suburbia. Our budget is $5,000 a month to rent which will get you a duplex in BH or something way nicer in Westlake Village. My question is this. Will those that we meet through our children be friendly and normal? My wife and I are very engaging and make friends everywhere.
Maybe Beverly Hills adjacent which can be kind of sketchy. Try Culver City or Mar Vista.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:53 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,657,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
Beverly Hills is "friendly" but more so if you're very wealthy and of a certain status/class/interest[...]
/tribe.

Old 05-25-2016, 05:52 AM

958 posts, read 1,147,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
I thought you worked online with no office to anchor you?
Yeah check out his posts over the past three years. Lots of "weve set a deadline and must move to ca in the next three months" posts. Troll. OP, you do realize we can click on "see all posts" and view your history, right? Lol...

Old 05-25-2016, 06:41 AM

36 posts, read 112,283 times
For all you haters, I already do work mostly out of my home, but you are still required to have a base office that you must live close to. If you read my posts, I have been consistent. Unfortunately, I never got approval until now.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:22 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,039,467 times
Family friendly? It's not like kids in Beverly Hills play in the street or head down to the YMCA. People swim in their own pools and workout in their home gyms. BH is fine as long as you are OK with keeping your kids in designer clothes and giving them expensive cars the minute they turn 16.
The status pressure is high in Calabasas and WLV but BH blows them off the map.

And kids have nannies. The nannies socialize and chat with each other about the kids they're watching, no reason for their individual employers (parents) to connect with each other.

Last edited by nightlysparrow; 05-25-2016 at 01:21 PM..

Old 05-25-2016, 09:57 PM

73 posts, read 119,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Family friendly? It's not like kids in Beverly Hills play in the street or head down to the YMCA. People swim in their own pools and workout in their home gyms. BH is fine as long as you are OK with keeping your kids in designer clothes and giving them expensive cars the minute they turn 16.
The status pressure is high in Calabasas and WLV but BH blows them off the map.

And kids have nannies. The nannies socialize and chat with each other about the kids they're watching, no reason for their individual employers (parents) to connect with each other.
I think the status is pressure is actually higher in Calabasas, than Beverly Hills. It's such a shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles