Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 01:27 PM

11 posts, read 11,965 times

Advertisements

Thinking of moving to Los Angeles. I like Los Angeles better than San Francisco nowadays people seem less smug and friendlier in la.I don't feel at home in San Francisco anymore. I grew up in sf and the bay area but its become so gentrified and ive found a lot of the new transplants to be obnoxious and to me dont rep what sf is supposed to be about. I am an artist/ painter/ photographer type who works in an office. I feel like alot of the art scene in sf is moving away because we cant afford it. Dont get me wrong San francisco is a more beautiful city , but it is to expensive and not as interesting anymore. When i go to la i feel i meet more interesting people than sf, people at cafes, restaurants and at clubs want to be social. In san francisco people are very into their own groups and i have felt very isolated after my friends moved and i tried to go out and meet people. Ive had more succsess with getting laid in la and being social with women, in sf and the bay area you have to be an overachieving guy who works in tech, or finance and make a certain amount of money to be succsefful with women. I am a healthy outdoor person i love the la beaches, so many places to run, hike yes sf has great hikes, love marin and gg park, but la has more. I am a vegaterian and excercise a lot, while i understand la gets a lot of crap for having that superficial element, i do like taking care of myself, and for some reason in sf thats superficial and judgemental. I like ocean beach in sf and have many fond memories, and yes sf beaches are more beautiful than la beaches from a visual standpoint, but i love swimming in warmer water. Also its nice that you can see a national leauge mlb team and its affordable. Everytime i go down to la i love it and feel happy, weather is great and people are social and unfurtunatly when i come back to sf i feel isolated , alone, out of place and that im an alien to my once home.

Last edited by Losangeleslover87; 06-21-2016 at 02:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 01:46 PM

103 posts, read 111,416 times
yeah and besides.. the bay area is getting way and way more expensive than anywhere else.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:40 PM

11 posts, read 11,965 times
Yes

Old 06-21-2016, 08:11 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,233,923 times
didnt read a word in this thread besides the title of it.

LOL @ comparing a village to an alpha++ city.

yes op, everything in LA is better.

weather, women, food, natural beauty, you name it.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:53 PM

513 posts, read 905,994 times
Agreed. Lived in SF for 4 years but back in L.A. (have been here for 15 years). Los Angeles is better, and that pisses off people in SF. I remember everyone up there talks and talks and talks about how L.A sucks yadda yadda yadda. Here in L.A no one cares about SF so no one talks about it.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:57 PM

9,810 posts, read 11,051,276 times
San Francisco is amazing for as small a city as it is. It also looks and acts bigger than it really is. At the end of the day; however, SF is not competition for LA.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:21 PM

103 posts, read 111,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
didnt read a word in this thread besides the title of it.

LOL @ comparing a village to an alpha++ city.

yes op, everything in LA is better.

weather, women, food, natural beauty, you name it.
I wouldn't call SF a "village". They actually have way more high rise buildings up there than LA and the whole bay area is getting more and more populated as well. They also have way more opportunities and jobs up there than LA. Oh, I think the women in the bay are better than LA.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:26 PM

37,035 posts, read 41,961,954 times
So move.

Old 06-22-2016, 01:27 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,286,436 times
But LA is fake , even the famous artist Andy Warhol called it plastic .
The only real cities in America are NYC ,SF !

In seriousness though there does seem to be a trend of people moving from SF and NYC to L.A , and even though LA is an expensive city it's still not as expensive as those cities .

One big added expense would be cost of car which most people view as important in LA , but not as much in SF or NYC .
I don't know though , if you are going to move anyways why not try to find an actual affordable city with a strong arts scene ?

For people trying to escape NYC but want something similar and more affordable Philadelphia seems to be the hot city now
Time to Flee NYC, is Philadelphia the Next Big Thing? - BlackBook

I wonder if there is an alternative for people in CA
Austin seems like it was that type of city but now it's gotten more expensive .

Anyways just wondering have you looked into other cities besides LA?
Maybe there is another option that you might like better

Old 06-22-2016, 07:23 AM

266 posts, read 317,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Maybe there is another option that you might like better
Charleston?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles