Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 11:50 AM

8 posts, read 5,048 times

Advertisements

Hey there
I'm planning to go to Los Angeles for the first time in my life (been to NY before). Always thought of it as a very special place. I have this weird idea of LA being mysterious, filled with opportunities a bit like that girl from the David Lynch movie 'Mulholland Drive'. Now, I am very aware that LA is probably overcrowded with girls from Sweden looking for silver screen quotations to put in a more poetic way. I'm also afraid that everything will be about money and everything is set up to get your money (like the Empire State Building where you go through 5 different lifts and security checks to stand on the rooftop and see nothing but fence)

There is several reasons why I'd like to visit Los Angeles
I'm in the entertainment industry (not a singer but a more technical function) so it will be a great networking opportunity (I know, boring )

Another plus is that I know some artists/producers/etc... who can probably get me into very cool and exclusive parties (yayyy)
but what I would like to know is where I could find cool people around my age that live in LA and have their dreams and could show me around without payments or whatsoever.

I don't know anyone over here that has the money or the will to go to LA so I'm alone (24 years old). Maybe there are some members on here that would like to show me around. I'd like to see the upper class and the lowest class of the city.
Also, if possible, can a tourist get an unpaid role in a TV series? and I'm planning to stay in West-Hollywood, do I need a car or can things be done walking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 12:40 PM

266 posts, read 319,691 times
How long will you be a tourist for?

Old 07-12-2016, 12:59 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,033,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkandhot View Post
I'd like to see the upper class and the lowest class of the city.
Also, if possible, can a tourist get an unpaid role in a TV series? and I'm planning to stay in West-Hollywood, do I need a car or can things be done walking?
Yes, you need a car. To see the upper and lower classes of the city in one convenient place, just drive the length of Sunset Blvd. It takes you from Bel-Air and Beverly Hills at the western end through Hollywood and all the way to downtown on the eastern end. Quite a variation in wealth as you shall see.

You can always be part of a TV audience: https://www.latourist.com/?page=tv-show-tickets

Old 07-12-2016, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Bulldog View Post
How long will you be a tourist for?
Planning to stay there for six weeks

Old 07-12-2016, 03:57 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,818,755 times
so someone with a screen name "drunkandhot" makes their first post on the forum claiming to be a young and naive Swedish girl who wants to meet complete strangers to show her around LA (presumably while she's drunk and hot) and people are seriously answering her?

Did I mention I am a Nigerian prince and I need help getting my millions out of the country?

Old 07-12-2016, 04:34 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,647,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
so someone with a screen name "drunkandhot" makes their first post on the forum claiming to be a young and naive Swedish girl who wants to meet complete strangers to show her around LA (presumably while she's drunk and hot) and people are seriously answering her?
Really! BTW, How drunk and hot is she ? new thought, new thought

Old 07-12-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post

Did I mention I am a Nigerian prince and I need help getting my millions out of the country?
Drunk and Hot is derived from Kanye West's Drunk and Hot girls song because it's a fun song and because I'm not really creative with nicknames.
Swedish girl looking for silver screen quotation originates from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers song 'Californiacation' which suits this thread well..

Old 07-12-2016, 05:11 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,818,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkandhot View Post
Drunk and Hot is derived from Kanye West's Drunk and Hot girls song because it's a fun song and because I'm not really creative with nicknames.
Swedish girl looking for silver screen quotation originates from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers song 'Californiacation' which suits this thread well..
so you are a creative writer

Old 07-12-2016, 05:37 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,636,449 times
If you are serious about meeting people, perhaps look into joining one of the LA meetup groups for people who have interests similar to yours, and participating in a few of the group's activities in order to connect with like minded people when you are in LA. Find your people - Meetup

That will be safer than soliciting strangers on the internet.

Last edited by RosieSD; 07-12-2016 at 05:48 PM..

Old 07-12-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
If you are serious about meeting people, perhaps look into joining one of the LA meetup groups for people who have interests similar to yours, and participating in a few of their activities in order to connect with like minded people when you are in LA. Find your people - Meetup

That will be safer than soliciting strangers on the internet.
Great. What is the most strategic place to stay at in California? WeHo is my first choice since my intention is to party, celebs and the entertainment industry but then again, I'm not a local so I might be overseeing some interesting places..

I also was thinking about renting a room with facilities through AirBnb, is that a wise thing to do? I heard LA is popular with the room-mates, should I look for a 'roomie' or a big house with several rooms or is that too much? I like my personal space but again I'm very social as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles