Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 08:42 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,097,483 times

Advertisements

OP if you're into Farmers Markets and living in the UCLA area, I suggest hitting the Melrose Farmers Market on Sundays. I'm there most weekends and find the regular crowd of vendors to bring great variety and prices.

Good luck with the move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 11:31 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,736,406 times
I lived in Venice as a single woman back before it yuppified. Would still be a great place but it's four times as expensive now.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:50 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,819,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Venice is no place for a single woman of any age. Nix that one, no matter how hip it's become.
Why not? Especially someone moving from NYC area who I would assume has common sense and street smarts. Seems like a pretty sexist remark. Where else shouldn't single women live? Hollywood, Van Nuys, North Hollywood, Koreatown, DTLA?

Old 07-22-2016, 02:45 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,238,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adr3naline View Post
OP if you're into Farmers Markets and living in the UCLA area, I suggest hitting the Melrose Farmers Market on Sundays. I'm there most weekends and find the regular crowd of vendors to bring great variety and prices.

Good luck with the move.
Awesome, thank you! I'm flying out there on the 4th and going to stay for a long weekend, so I will for sure check all these places out.

Old 07-22-2016, 05:33 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,442,076 times
Quote:
Venice is no place for a single woman of any age. Nix that one, no matter how hip it's become.
Why is that?

Old 07-22-2016, 08:30 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Seems like a pretty sexist remark. Where else shouldn't single women live?
Um, right. Are you female? I am. Have you ever lived in Venice? I have, although not as a single woman...and I'd never recommend Venice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazChasey View Post
Venice is a great place... if you want to see drug deals going down on the street right next to million-dollar homes.

Any neighborhood where you can't go for a walk after dark without putting yourself in danger from drug dealers, the homeless, and random thugs is a horrible place to live, no matter what the demographics say.
Quote:
...I don't think much has changed in the past 3 decades there, and certainly not in the Oakwood area. It's just become much more expensive to live there.
//www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...dangerous.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles