Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 09:38 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,788,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Volvo is a Swedish company, not German.
No kidding. You should read the post I was replying to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 09:56 AM

24 posts, read 46,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
I don't know whether or not that was true previously, but I'm not white, and neither are any of my coworkers that now drive XC90s.

I do agree that it's a bit of a quirky brand, almost like a luxury Subaru.

Without getting too in the weeds here, the SUV market is a goofy segment...I was primarily speaking about true sedans, coupes, convertibles etc, NOT the cross-over weirdazz market! people that drive SUV's and especially crossovers are not conventional passenger car buyers......neither are PU buyers. By the way, here in Florida I never see blacks drive Subaru anything....never...and frankly I don't blame them...lol. This is not to be a racist comment, just reality.What's really sorta funny, the folks you see driving Caddy Escalades here in florida are mostly blonde white women with a phone stuck in their ear, with not a single passenger in that bigazz vehicle at all.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:07 PM

581 posts, read 914,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1A4 View Post
You're not answering the question: WHAT KIND OF VOLVO. Year, model, etc.
Go away Florida loser! You are wasting everyone else's time.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:26 PM

908 posts, read 1,292,940 times
I know someone whose family had 2 Volvos (bought in the late 80s/early 90s) when Volvo was actually Swedish owned, and while not the sexiest vehicles, they were very reliable and safe vehicles that ran for over 20 years with 200K plus miles.

Based on my observations, but I'd say the only group that I see driving Volvos are non-Hispanic whites. So yes, Volvo isn't very popular in LA.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:12 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,140,649 times
What's the latest on the homeless and mattresses lately Exitus? I've been waiting on pins and needles for your updates.

Have you seen any king sized beds? The other day I saw a couch. What does that mean?

Old 08-02-2016, 06:23 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,307,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
What's the latest on the homeless and mattresses lately Exitus? I've been waiting on pins and needles for your updates.

Have you seen any king sized beds? The other day I saw a couch. What does that mean?
Don't worry . Our wonderful Mayor will solve the problem.

According to his website he's been

"working to solve the homelessness crisis in Los Angeles since he began volunteering on Skid Row when he was 14."

Also we should give him credit and a big pat on the back.

"Before he entered office, there was a significant lack of coordination between the government, providers, and private and public sectors in addressing homelessness. "

Interesting that this 'coordination' has actually let to a massive increase in homelessness..

Mayor Garcetti also describes hospitals, military , and jails as 'high risk institutions'

Preventing people at-risk of homelessness from becoming homeless by producing and preserving affordable housing, by increasing incomes (such as through an increased minimum wage) and by improving transitions from high-risk institutions like jails, hospitals, military and foster care.

At least with jail there is one solution, seems to be a common sense one. Don't be a criminal!

I guess there is no personal responsibility in Garcetti's world , the criminals are victims!...and hospitals and the military are evil institutions that are to be blamed for the homeless situation.

Addressing Homelessness | Office of Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti

Old 08-03-2016, 02:06 AM

13,573 posts, read 15,514,456 times
Quote:

Do you see the three reputation stars I have? Those indicate that a lot of people have approved of the posts I've made here. When you have as many stars as have I, then you may get on my case about what I post here.

Old 08-03-2016, 12:10 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,140,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Do you see the three reputation stars I have? Those indicate that a lot of people have approved of the posts I've made here. When you have as many stars as have I, then you may get on my case about what I post here.
That's exactly why! Oh great and wise Exitus! Please! We need more updates on the mattresses. Tell us more about your findings. Your three stars are a reflections of your excellence. Do not deprive us of more mattress info. Make sure to tell us how large these mattresses are and how they are positioned in relation to the sidewalk!

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-03-2016, 02:28 PM

13,573 posts, read 15,514,456 times
Quote:
Your three stars are a reflections of your excellence.
I know, and thanks for noticing, kind sir. Bless you, and have a wonderful day.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:17 PM

302 posts, read 451,017 times
I agree. Same goes with Cadillac. Never see those around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles