Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 08:07 PM

72 posts, read 63,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
I would never get in a car with an Uber driver at all, but that's just me
Ok?

I've been on dozens of uber rides. They're all very friendly.

Sounds like you just have alot of fears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 09:03 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyK1 View Post
Ok?

I've been on dozens of uber rides. They're all very friendly.

Sounds like you just have alot of fears.
Well the comparison was driving across the county versus staying in a hotel near LAX where the biggest worry is probably a plane falling short of the runway.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:09 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyK1 View Post

There's nothing to be afraid of. Inglewood is nowhere near as bad as people on this forum think.
Depends on how well somebody blends into the local population. If a person looks like they're from another area, then it's a very different experience.

Old 08-05-2016, 10:47 AM

399 posts, read 728,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaugamela View Post
Thanks for the responses. It sounds like the way to go would be to fly into and stay around Burbank, and then take an Uber to and from the concert then. The concert starts at 8pm, so it would probably be late when it gets out. Hopefully getting an Uber at that time of night won't be a problem.
The only thing about flying into Burbank, there are far fewer flight options than at LAX. Southwest has a fair amount of service there, jetBlue somewhat less. I think some of the "legacy" airlines (American/United/Delta) serve BUR, but probably mostly with RJs from their hubs. Not sure where the OP is traveling from, but that could determine flight availability.

Old 08-05-2016, 07:41 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,438,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Depends on how well somebody blends into the local population. If a person looks like they're from another area, then it's a very different experience.
Im a white dude, so ..

Old 08-05-2016, 08:03 PM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaugamela View Post
I'm flying down to Los Angeles in November for a few days and was looking at possibly staying in a hotel around LAX to avoid traffic on the departure trip to the airport. .
Going to see Kanye West or the Mexican concerts huh? LOL.

Yeah, just stay at one of the main hotels on Century blvd and you should be okay. If you wanted to get anywhere else or see any sights, you can just Uber from the hotel to wherever.

Old 08-06-2016, 04:56 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,395,314 times
Quote:
What the p-h-u-c-k is wrong with you? You live in a westside bubble and don't get out much do you...

Old 08-06-2016, 05:02 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,395,314 times
OP: Nothing wrong with staying at one of the LAX hotels. Just a very boring location, that is all. Very convenient to your concert.

The area surrounding LAX does "look" tired and a bit sketchy but it is not bad at all. As another poster noted, you could also consider El Segundo. They just opened an Aloft on Sepulveda. Was a major rehab of an older property but I am sure it would be a nice hotel. Very close to LAX and the Forum.

Don't worry about the Forum...I was going to concerts there in the 80's as a teenager. LA was far more crime ridden then. I am a white guy and never had any issues. Just use normal big city precautions and you'll be fine.

Old 08-06-2016, 12:46 PM

72 posts, read 63,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
What the p-h-u-c-k is wrong with you? You live in a westside bubble and don't get out much do you...

Alot of racists on this site.
Everything is so scary and dangerous if it's not white.

I'm white, and I dont get this small minded crap at all.

Old 08-06-2016, 03:48 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,260,262 times
Quote:
Considering that the ancestors of much of Inglewood's population came from other areas (e.g. Canada, Scotland, Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala, Panama, the Honduras, Belize, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Kenya, Tonga, Fiji, South Korea, the Philippines, Cambodia, Louisiana, Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Oklahoma, Missouri, etc.), it's not particularly difficult for many folks to "blend in."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles