Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 02:54 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,637,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Dude ALL purchased properties are protected under Prop 13. Give me a break with the $5 property tax bs. Someone bought a long time ago. They didn't "win a lottery". Back when they bought they made the same sacrifices anyone made to buy a house. Doesn't matter WHEN you bought it after 13 was enacted. Prop 13 protects your property taxes from being raised by the government every year as they please. But it has to be based on something. And that's purchase price. The house I just bought is covered under Prop 13. My taxes are 2x what my old house was. But I paid 3.5 X what my old house cost. I knew what I was buying and east my costs were. And as far as the overvalued property prices that's so much bs. It's worth more because EVERYONE WANTS TO MOVE HERE. Maybe if the transplants go or stay home we wouldn't have such high demand and command such high prices. Did you think of that? You know demand and supply. Inflated prices as opposed to what? A house in Small Town Kansas USA. Nobody wants to move to Small Town Kansas. If they did those locals would be screaming about inflated house prices too.
We're also living in a global economy where lots of foreigners are buying property here so the locals get displaced. We had one hell of a fire sale a few years back. What about those people. Their property tax rates are lower than today's sales. I guess they are lucky too right.

Transplants are people like anyone else looking for more in life. Or a change. Or they can't deal with home life and are taking off to go elsewhere. For whatever reason their current situation isn't working and they are looking to move on. That's it. Personally I don't much care who comes here and from where.
I am pretty sure your rant had nothing to do with what I was saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 04:27 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyinCali View Post
I am pretty sure your rant had nothing to do with what I was saying.
I'm pretty sure it does since you're the one very misinformed about Prop 13 and its purpose (you really need to read on how it works) , California locals, house prices and how the house prices came to be what they are.

Old 08-22-2016, 05:00 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,819,371 times
the real question is how do you feel about eggplants?

Old 08-23-2016, 09:52 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
the real question is how do you feel about eggplants?
I'm a transplant that hates eggplants.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:04 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,097,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afropack-man View Post
You call LA "LA LA land" too? Who's really the weirdo? .
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrev View Post
I'd welcome Syrian Refugess long before anyone who says "hollyweird"
The anti-transplanters in this thread seem to hunt and peck for cheap stabs such as this^ yet skip over the meat in HappyinCali's remarks. Do you mind if I interrupt the nimby circle j3rk and ask what gives?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: