Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 09:56 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
You should write the politicians in San Diego and Morro Bay to follow Garcettis " lead "

You lack perspective you lived here years ago but don't live here now .

Are you technically a citizen of either place if you go back and forth between the too in a transient way ?
jm, you are grasping at irrelevancies. Where I, or any other posters on these forums, live is irrelevant. What's relevant is the veracity of information posted. You posted some opinion supported by irresponsibly inaccurate claims masked as being based on verifiable government data. I corrected those false representations. Simple. Trying to attack me as if where I live somehow makes the lies of your false data sources true is ridiculous.

Lots of people have multiple residences. The question is: how many people are responsible in the way they present information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 10:01 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
It's ok for you to be in denial about the truth . Doesn't make you right though .
I know you like to argue for the sake of arguing though and it's how you get your kicks .

Maybe you are just pro crime.

Trump: Nearly '180,000 illegal immigrants' have criminal records but haven't been deported | PolitiFact

Old 08-22-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
It's ok for you to be in denial about the truth . Doesn't make you right though .
I know you like to argue for the sake of arguing though and it's how you get your kicks .

Maybe you are just pro crime.

Trump: Nearly '180,000 illegal immigrants' have criminal records but haven't been deported | PolitiFact
jm, though I don't ever have high expectations of your contributions, this link you just posted particularly baffles me as a response. Why on earth did you post this? Any careful read would reveal it supports exactly what I have pointed out about your propensity to issue misinformation. Maybe you didn't actually read the article? The devil is in the details, jm. The data reflect all illegals, not just Hispanic from south of the border. This would include students and others on visa overstays. The "crimes" they have committed can be anything from shoplifting to insurance fraud or check-kiting. Certainly few, if any, for murder (the crime of immediate topic here). All have served the prison sentence for whatever crime - or no time if it was a misdemeanor or they were given parole, etc etc. And all are under parole-type supervision awaiting deportation hearings. None of this reflects the point you were trying to advance about government allowing dangerous illegals murders to roam the city at large.

To reinforce what I have already provided as evidence that illeglas are known to commit fewer crimes than the legal population in general, read this - from conservative Wall Street Journal:

Quote:
...numerous studies going back more than a century have shown that immigrants—regardless of nationality or legal status—are less likely than the native population to commit violent crimes or to be incarcerated. A new report from the Immigration Policy Center notes that while the illegal immigrant population in the U.S. more than tripled between 1990 and 2013 to more than 11.2 million, “FBI data indicate that the violent crime rate declined 48%—which included falling rates of aggravated assault, robbery, rape, and murder. Likewise, the property crime rate fell 41%, including declining rates of motor vehicle theft, larceny/robbery, and burglary.” A separate IPC paper from 2007 explains that this is not a function of well-behaved high-skilled immigrants from India and China offsetting misdeeds of Latin American newcomers. The data show that “for every ethnic group without exception, incarceration rates among young men are lowest for immigrants,” according to the report. “This holds true especially for the Mexicans, Salvadorans, and Guatemalans who make up the bulk of the undocumented population.”

The Mythical Connection Between Immigrants and Crime - WSJ
Some more for you:
Quote:
"Foreign-born individuals exhibit remarkably low levels of involvement in crime across their life course." (Bianca Bersani, University of Massachusetts, 2014. Published in Justice Quarterly.) Citing Bersani's work, Pew Research created this graph, showing crime rates among the immigrant community.

"The crime rate among first-generation immigrants — those who came to this country from somewhere else — is significantly lower than the overall crime rate and that of the second generation," they write.
Since undocumented immigrants are more than a quarter of the immigrant population, it's nearly impossible that the overall-immigrant crime rate could be so much lower if the undocumented-immigrant crime rate were significantly higher.

— "There’s essentially no correlation between immigrants and violent crime." (Jörg Spenkuch, Northwestern University, 2014. Published by the university.) He did find a small correlation between immigration and property crime, but only a slight one.

— "[i]mmigrants are underrepresented in California prisons compared to their representation in the overall population. In fact, U.S.-born adult men are incarcerated at a rate over two-and-a-half times greater than that of foreign-born men." (Public Policy Institute of California, 2008.)

— "[D]ata from the census and a wide range of other empirical studies show that for every ethnic group without exception, incarceration rates among young men are lowest for immigrants, even those who are the least educated. This holds true especially for the Mexicans, Salvadorans and Guatemalans, who make up the bulk of the undocumented population." (Ruben Rumbaut, University of California, 2008. Published by the Police Foundation.)

— "Analyses of data collected from four Southwest states and the U.S. Census show that the perceived size of the undocumented immigrant population, more so than the actual size of the immigrant population and economic conditions, is positively associated with perceptions of undocumented immigrants as a criminal threat." (Xia Wang, Arizona State University, 2014. Published in Criminology.)
If you want more, I've got it. All legitimately sourced.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:45 AM

4,538 posts, read 10,627,657 times
?

Illegal Immigrants Accounted for Nearly 37 Percent of Federal Sentences in FY 2014 - Breitbart

I don't have time to go through all your links so far but it seems they are frequently intermingling legal and illegal immigrants. In particular, I don't think anyone is arguing one iota against anything related to legal immigration. Of course you need to understand that groups supported by George Soros do not respect US law and make no distinction between legs and illegal immigration.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:49 AM

No tulemutt that's fine you've posted enough misinformation , thanks .

Old 08-22-2016, 10:53 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
?

Illegal Immigrants Accounted for Nearly 37 Percent of Federal Sentences in FY 2014 - Breitbart

I don't have time to go through all your links so far but it seems they are frequently intermingling legal and illegal immigrants. In particular, I don't think anyone is arguing one iota against anything related to legal immigration. Of course you need to understand that groups supported by George Soros do not respect US law and make no distinction between legs and illegal immigration.
He is "intermingling" data, but so has the democratic party when it comes to "immigration".

Trump is specifically talking about illegal immigration, yet guys like Tulemutt and the other leftist regressives will pull out data about all immigrants and then say "Trump hates all immigrants". It's a dishonest tactic and should be called out.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
He is "intermingling" data, but so has the democratic party when it comes to "immigration".

Trump is specifically talking about illegal immigration, yet guys like Tulemutt and the other leftist regressives will pull out data about all immigrants and then say "Trump hates all immigrants". It's a dishonest tactic and should be called out.
Typical case of manipulating the data to fit the agenda.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:12 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,028 times
Quote:
Typical case of manipulating the data to fit the agenda.
The entire democrat platform has been one of manipulation. If Julian Assange's leaks on DNC e-mails doesn't change hearts and minds, then what we're left dealing with is indoctrinated zombies. I don't consider those people actual "people", and they have little value left as an individual because they gave it away willingly.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
No tulemutt that's fine you've posted enough misinformation , thanks .
Sounds about right. You provide speciously mangled, incomplete data through special interest extremist organization blogs. I provide data thoroughly parsed and analyzed by academic studies and ethically balanced investigative journalism. You call my contribution "misinformation." Case closed, jm.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post

A discriminating reader of any intellect even comparable to - say, a frog - would note that the alleged omission you refer to (of illegals / legals immigrants) is covered repeatedly in the studies and analytical articles cited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles