Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 11:14 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times

Advertisements

I drove through downtown Santa Monica today, and now that the Metro construction is completed and tourist season is winding down, it's much more appealing now than it was a few months ago. OTOH, I hate all the diagonal crossings that shut down all vehicular traffic so pedestrians can traipse through the middle of intersections, and there are still too many homeless weirdos meandering about. I look forward to returning to downtown SM to do further shopping, but I really wish the SMPD would give the bum's rush to all the bums, because SM is far too tolerant of riff-raff. Imagine if SM had a legislature and police force similar to that of someplace such as Burbank -- what a great place downtown SM would be. Don't go away mad, homeless people -- just go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 12:29 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
I doubt Santa Monica will do much in regards to the homeless. Also I have noticed an increase in homeless in Downtown Burbank area..but they don't do the kind of stuff they do in Santa Monica. It seems like Burbank will tolerate the homeless to some degree, as long as they behave and don't go aggressively panhandling, harassing, threatening, drinking or drugs in public, etc.

In SM and Venice and many other parts of L.A it seems the homeless have been given carte blanche
to basically do whatever they want.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:28 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I doubt Santa Monica will do much in regards to the homeless. Also I have noticed an increase in homeless in Downtown Burbank area..but they don't do the kind of stuff they do in Santa Monica. It seems like Burbank will tolerate the homeless to some degree, as long as they behave and don't go aggressively panhandling, harassing, threatening, drinking or drugs in public, etc.

In SM and Venice and many other parts of L.A it seems the homeless have been given carte blanche
It's too bad about that, isn't it? Downtown SM is generally so nice looking lately now that all the construction has finished, but the riff-raff sort of ruin it to a degree.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:59 AM

2,914 posts, read 2,688,464 times
It will take the murder of a child before the politicians do anything about it.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
There was a woman pregnant with twins that was murdered by one of these " transients "

Suspect in Venice slaying had been held by Culver City police days earlier - latimes

The homeless do create more than their share of crime , the police know this but the politicians ignore it.
It's a shame because this killer tried to break into someone else house days earlier , but police released him due to " lack of evidence "

Many of these homeless have been in jail and have criminal records .
It is a higher number than the non homeless population .

As we know , criminals have a Tendency to continue being criminals , the " straight world " isn't to their taste

Old 08-30-2016, 07:49 AM

Another sad story from just last month ..

A 32-year-old homeless man was charged Thursday in four sexual attacks on women, including one in which he allegedly beat a victim with a brick, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced.

Santa Monica Homeless Man Charged With Rape, Other Counts in 4 Attacks on Women | KTLA

Old 08-30-2016, 07:52 AM

And another ... From June

Transient guilty of killing 2 women found in Santa Monica - MyNewsLA.com

Old 08-30-2016, 12:09 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

Santa Monica actually still has a police department and actually still does try to maintain some sort of safety. The LAPD have just given up and surrendered to the homeless.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:11 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
A politician's child.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:28 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,159,715 times
Didn't we just have another thread dedicated to this very subject?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles