Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 08:13 AM

513 posts, read 913,164 times

Advertisements

Trump will never win California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 08:16 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,150,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
I believe every life is worth protecting, particularly the unborn; that doesn't make me sexist.
Yes, it does.
Quote:
I believe marriage is between one man and one woman; that's not homophobic.
Yes, it does.
Quote:
I believe in borders, the rule of law and our sovereign right to decide who to let into our country; that's not xenophobic.
Depends on how far you take it.
Quote:
I believe radical Islam is a mortal threat to America and Western civilization; that is common sense, not Islamophobia.
Actually, it's the very definition of Islamophobia. Whether or not it's reasonable is a subject of a different discussion.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:13 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,097,483 times
After last night's display, defending either candidate is joke.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:24 AM

8,335 posts, read 6,419,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Wow, that Hillary must be a really incredible person to be able to overturn not just one but the first two Amendments in the Constitution.

We should make her president now! Because that woman can achieve the impossible
The supreme court now makes laws, they're not suppose to but it has evolved that way. And the Democrats know they can use the supreme court to get what they want. Communist Clinton will appoint extreme left wing supreme court judges and the lower appeals courts too.
Churches will lose their tax exempt status and pastors who preach against the Communist Democrat party agenda will go to jail.
They probably won't come take your guns away just yet but they will make it near impossible and expensive and scary that you might go to jail if you own a gun and ammo.

Last edited by V8 Vega; 09-27-2016 at 09:43 AM..

Old 09-27-2016, 10:46 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
I really didn't want to delve into this thread because I loathe both candidates. However, you fail to consider her Supreme Court appointee (or perhaps appointees). Yes, the amendments will still be there but their meaning will not. The ONLY thing that could get me to vote for Trump without vomiting all over myself is keeping the SC from tilting left. I'm in favor of changing the Constitution through another convention or by amendments, not by lifetime appointees who answer to nobody once appointed.
That's silly. Hillary Clinton has always been a moderate centrist. It's why Bernie is able attack her from the left.

There isn't going to be much of left tilting with Hillary appointing SC judges. There WILL be a drastic right-wing tilt if Trump is elected.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
The supreme court now makes laws, they're not suppose to but it has evolved that way. And the Democrats know they can use the supreme court to get what they want. Communist Clinton will appoint extreme left wing supreme court judges and the lower appeals courts too.
Churches will lose their tax exempt status and pastors who preach against the Communist Democrat party agenda will go to jail.
They probably won't come take your guns away just yet but they will make it near impossible and expensive and scary that you might go to jail if you own a gun and ammo.

This is another paranoid, borderline crazy idea from the right. Sorry, you are extremely uninformed and easily duped by right-wing media.

Hillary Clinton is herself a devote Christians who regularly attend churches. So why would she go after churches????????????????????????? That's crazy talk.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:52 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,819,371 times
It's a good thing that our founding fathers set up a government where it doesn't really matter who is president.

Old 09-27-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
It's a good thing that our founding fathers set up a government where it doesn't really matter who is president.

You've forgotten the George W. Bush years??

I don't blame you, many people want to wipe it from their memory too.

Old 09-27-2016, 11:18 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
True, California would not change much regardless of who is president.

Old 09-27-2016, 02:57 PM

672 posts, read 2,174,512 times
Oh is there a presidential election coming up? This is the first I've heard of it. They should talk about this stuff on the news some more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles