Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 03:49 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,754,031 times

Advertisements

whitechocolate started this post posing as an innocent question on public local opinion of the mayor. Watch his posts change from acting innocent, to getting riled up when other conservatives get up on their soapboxes and start preaching about the brown hordes advancing from the south.

the kids really a bigot trying to fish out other bigots to see if California will be cozy to his type.
Sorry, kid, it ain't.

Don't come over. You'll hate it. Stay over in bumpkin north texas or wherever your from, because Los Angeles was majority latino before you were born, and will be after you die.

So stop complaining about it if your not even from LA. The local issues of Los Angeles don't affect you at all, and you just seem to have an anti-latino agenda. I'm sure you could care less about traffic infrastructure or schools out there, and your more worried about seeing more brown faces.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:16 PM

493 posts, read 637,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
whitechocolate started this post posing as an innocent question on public local opinion of the mayor. Watch his posts change from acting innocent, to getting riled up when other conservatives get up on their soapboxes and start preaching about the brown hordes advancing from the south.

the kids really a bigot trying to fish out other bigots to see if California will be cozy to his type.
Sorry, kid, it ain't.

Don't come over. You'll hate it. Stay over in bumpkin north texas or wherever your from, because Los Angeles was majority latino before you were born, and will be after you die.

So stop complaining about it if your not even from LA. The local issues of Los Angeles don't affect you at all, and you just seem to have an anti-latino agenda. I'm sure you could care less about traffic infrastructure or schools out there, and your more worried about seeing more brown faces.
Hey Man,
Maybe my words were not chosen correctly, I was trying to figure out what the kosovo- prefix was meant for...obviously the mexifornia reference was directed at illegal immigration which many california natives have used to voice their displeasure with it...I'm not against cultural diversity...I think it is ridiculous for you to be calling me a bigot...I was simply trying to figure out what the person meant...no bigotry was intended when I started this thread...the man (villaraigosa) has received much national press for his pro-amnesty agenda...I want to come to los angeles...and as a born and bred american I have every right to, whether I want to check it out...or whether I feel I want to move there...I also have a few latino or part-latino friends and their feelings towards illegal immigration mirror mine...being against this idea of amnesty does no make you bigot...don't forget that ceasar chavez was against the idea of uncontrolled illegal immigration...and as far as la being a "latino" city long before and long to come...I think some could take issue with that...I think la belongs to whatever ethnic group legally has a right to reside there...
-my two cents

Old 03-05-2008, 07:22 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,200,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Hollywood Tony - That's what I'm calling him from now on.
Right on! A wannabe actor pretending to be a mayor.lol

Old 03-05-2008, 08:15 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,611,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitechocolate86 View Post
Hey Man,
Maybe my words were not chosen correctly, I was trying to figure out what the kosovo- prefix was meant for...obviously the mexifornia reference was directed at illegal immigration which many california natives have used to voice their displeasure with it...I'm not against cultural diversity...I think it is ridiculous for you to be calling me a bigot...I was simply trying to figure out what the person meant...no bigotry was intended when I started this thread...the man (villaraigosa) has received much national press for his pro-amnesty agenda...I want to come to los angeles...and as a born and bred american I have every right to, whether I want to check it out...or whether I feel I want to move there...I also have a few latino or part-latino friends and their feelings towards illegal immigration mirror mine...being against this idea of amnesty does no make you bigot...don't forget that ceasar chavez was against the idea of uncontrolled illegal immigration...and as far as la being a "latino" city long before and long to come...I think some could take issue with that...I think la belongs to whatever ethnic group legally has a right to reside there...
-my two cents

In all respect to you, don't come to Los Angeles, bro [you are much happier in Texas than you will ever be in California - major difference in thinking/attitude. For example, if you were to repeat what has been written on the site to regular Angelenos you would be immediately ostracized. I well remember a social worker admit to voting for Bush in a clinical staffing [MD/RN/MSW]. Silence was deafening - she was never inviting to social events again.

If you express anti-Latino sentiments in Los Angeles you will be risking alienation or worse. No one is for an open border without some controls [though some leftist groups agree that Californio is rightfully Mexicano/Espanol]. But Los Angeles will never deport anyone unless they are criminal.

Part of living in the Southwest is recognition of reality that yahoos are the immigrants.

Seriously, bro [take it from others just like you - you will hate it in California

Old 03-05-2008, 11:22 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,754,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitechocolate86 View Post
Hey Man,
-my two cents

When I say that LA is a latino city, i dont mean that latinos own it. but mexican influence in the city is nothing new.Theres always been a heavy latino presence in the city.

It's not like LA was a city of respectable, clean-nosed people with English last names and then all of a sudden a wave of criminal mexicans broke in from down south.

Look at the name itself. LOS ANGELES. CALIFORNIA. Spanish names.

Sure everyone has a right to move and live here, but when you start destesting the presence of the people who were here in the first place, and start trying to anglocize everything just because the government is mostly run by whites..well thats just not cool.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:30 AM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,046,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Sure everyone has a right to move and live here, but when you start destesting the presence of the people who were here in the first place, and start trying to anglocize everything just because the government is mostly run by whites..well thats just not cool.
Actually, what's not cool is taking advantage of our post-1964 generosity and our Christian ethos, but the pendullum indeed swings both ways...

Old 03-06-2008, 02:34 AM

489 posts, read 1,914,878 times
This thread needs to be moved to either the immigration or government forum or be closed. I don't see how this conversation would assist people who are considering a relocation to the Los Angeles area.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:42 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,606,973 times
BreaOC, I respectfully disagree (and I'm one of those flamed.)

The Mayor of major American cities is supposed to be its figurehead as well as judicative guide, and as such sets the legislative tone for all City Council legislation. The Council does not want to act or legislate against the mayor's instructions. If its mayor is biased against certain segments of its constituents, as we infer here in L.A., that in itself could not be more pertinent for what potential relocators to Los Angeles will encounter. Imagine, for example, a relocator questioning why sudden exponential increases in density building is allowed, to the detriment of quality of life. That's our mayor in action. Villagairosa, like it or not, is synonymous with Los Angeles.

It is also useful to note on these boards that L.A. in recent modern history had an effective Mayor whom most all the populace was behind- Mayor Bradley, an oldskool, retro Obama figure if you will- and that his sort of leadership was that which most suited a city of diverse demographics: one which emphasized solidarity amongst all Los Angeles citizens and bridge building, not the retooling of an entire urban landscape to accomodate illegal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles