Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 11:07 AM

508 posts, read 504,492 times

Advertisements

Let me rephrase this question:

"Hey, I'm a 30 something guy who has no plans on moving to Los Angeles! I saw some music videos and I heard from some friends that there are a lot of really attractive women there. Should I drop everything and move to Los Angeles to have casual sex with women who may or may not have STD's? I also heard from some east coast people who have only been on vacation there and it really seems like they know the city well. Is everything they said true? I have never been and have no plans on moving there but I would really want to know what the astute observers on the most intellectually stimulating site on the internet city data think.

Again: No STD's please. Thank You."

Old 10-16-2016, 11:18 AM

258 posts, read 195,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnj1215 View Post
bring people together are the lakers and that was when they were good.
You sure are right about that. For some reason.

Don't know why its like that..

Old 10-16-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Posse on Broadway View Post
You sure are right about that. For some reason.

Don't know why its like that..
Well CicLAvia in DTLA is today, maybe everybody should get from behind their computers and go. Some people may actually see the diversity in Los Angeles if they actually go outside for once.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:23 AM

230 posts, read 259,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afropack-man View Post
Let me rephrase this question:

"Hey, I'm a 30 something guy who has no plans on moving to Los Angeles! I saw some music videos and I heard from some friends that there are a lot of really attractive women there. Should I drop everything and move to Los Angeles to have casual sex with women who may or may not have STD's? I also heard from some east coast people who have only been on vacation there and it really seems like they know the city well. Is everything they said true? I have never been and have no plans on moving there but I would really want to know what the astute observers on the most intellectually stimulating site on the internet city data think.

Again: No STD's please. Thank You."
OK OK you got me. Sometimes fears that people may have precede their common sense. I honestly was being ignorant. Obviously every state/city has women, disease, problems etc.

This is the truth...I am a black male that has been in school for a very long time and I want the next place that I go to be the best possible place for me to be successful. I want to date and I want to have a wife and get married. I would like to have a stable job that allows me to pay back all of my loans. I want to be happy and for the longest time on the east, that has not been the case.

I am an opportunistic guy and many pretty women and having sex is on my mind but, I only am looking for one. Since there is a larger number of females, I would surmise that my chances would be better in finding that person. I want to make friends where I move.

The reason for the bashing was fear and nothing else. however, there are somethings that I read that would give me a moment to pause. Excuse the brashness it was ignorant and I wouldn't in a literal sense think everyone in LA is diseased or the city itself was without great people.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:26 AM

258 posts, read 195,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afropack-man View Post
Well CicLAvia in DTLA is today, maybe everybody should get from behind their computers and go. Some people may actually see the diversity in Los Angeles if they actually go outside for once.
lol

if only those bikeshares were free

Last edited by My Posse on Broadway; 10-16-2016 at 11:37 AM..

Old 10-16-2016, 11:26 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
The South is where you want to avoid if you're paranoid about STDs, fwiw. Including Florida.

These are the American cities with the highest rates of STDs | Fusion

Old 10-16-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
OK OK you got me. Sometimes fears that people may have precede their common sense. I honestly was being ignorant. Obviously every state/city has women, disease, problems etc.

This is the truth...I am a black male that has been in school for a very long time and I want the next place that I go to be the best possible place for me to be successful. I want to date and I want to have a wife and get married. I would like to have a stable job that allows me to pay back all of my loans. I want to be happy and for the longest time on the east, that has not been the case.

I am an opportunistic guy and many pretty women and having sex is on my mind but, I only am looking for one. Since there is a larger number of females, I would surmise that my chances would be better in finding that person. I want to make friends where I move.

The reason for the bashing was fear and nothing else. however, there are somethings that I read that would give me a moment to pause. Excuse the brashness it was ignorant and I wouldn't in a literal sense think everyone in LA is diseased or the city itself was without great people.
Visiting a place more than once is always advisable before you move anywhere. Especially, to the west coast. Asking people on the internet, especially on this site without knowing: #1 Where you'll be going to school; #2 How much you've saved up; is pointless.

All that other stuff really comes secondary. Especially, chasing woman like its the only reason to exist in life.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Posse on Broadway View Post
lol

if only those bikeshares were free..
You don't even need a bike. If I didn't have a bike I would just take the metro there, bring some Hennessy in a backpack and some water, and just chill at Grand Park or whatever. You could always just walk around and just enjoy the day.

Old 10-16-2016, 12:37 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
I didn't want to move there but the money and women i thought would be an incentive. All bad reasons for wanting to move somewhere I know, but I've been behind a book for a long time. I would like to party and remain disease free, seems hard to do in Los Angeles.

I have read that city is basically segregated and the only thing that bring people together are the lakers and that was when they were good. There were billboards about using protection because apparently people didn't know about the epidemic or didn't care. Its not Louisiana but the number of diseased people in Los Angeles is interesting. Feel free to interject while I am bashing.

It really is, so it's best you stay away from here.

I think you should stay under your bridge....LOL.

LA is a terrible place, it's so segregated that people throw rocks at you on the street if you're not the same color. Did you know the streets are actually segregated by color? They're color coded.

Between that and the STDs, why you're just asking for trouble.

Old 10-16-2016, 12:40 PM

230 posts, read 259,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
It really is, so it's best you stay away from here.

I think you should stay under your bridge....LOL.

LA is a terrible place, it's so segregated that people throw rocks at you on the street if you're not the same color. Did you know the streets are actually segregated by color? They're color coded.

Between that and the STDs, why you're just asking for trouble.
LOL....let it go...alright can you guy tell I'm from Jersey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles