Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 08:40 AM

230 posts, read 258,983 times

Advertisements

I live in northern NJ. I am a nursing student working on my MSN. How is Los Angeles in terms of nursing jobs and women. I date Interracially so I am curious to what the environment is and suitable places to live.

I want to party hard (stay disease free), this is my second masters, so I have not had a life. Furthermore, how are race relations. I seriously won't move there if there is drama in this regard. I have read articles about Mexicans and black strife and at this point my life, not interested.

I know the cost of living is absurd but I am weighing my options and seeing if the pros outweigh the cons. Again Are the women as good looking as I have heard. Los Angeles is not my first option because of the supposed snobbery but I want to know. Appreciate any feedback.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:07 AM

817 posts, read 752,939 times
Ever since Biggie and Pac, the east coast hasn't been too welcome here

Old 10-16-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
Ever since Biggie and Pac, the east coast hasn't been too welcome here
Sigh, I'll lie lol...thats a shame though. Your a funny guy, but didn't answer the question. To be real though, I would lie.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:42 AM

258 posts, read 195,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnj1215 View Post
I know the cost of living is absurd but I am weighing my options and seeing if the pros outweigh the cons. Again Are the women as good looking as I have heard. Los Angeles is not my first option because of the supposed snobbery but I want to know. Appreciate any feedback.
Guess so.. might have a lot maybe most though not all, kinds of women from all over america..

And you're right on about the snobbery.....

Old 10-16-2016, 10:02 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,794,475 times
Quote:
Sigh, I'll lie lol...thats a shame though. Your a funny guy, but didn't answer the question. To be real though, I would lie.
That person hasn't a clue as to what they're talking about. They admitted themselves they want to be Black. It's quite strange.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (women should be the least of your concerns, in my opinion). It doesn't sound like you've been here before (correct me if I'm wrong). You should plan at least two trips before deciding to move.

The Mexican/Black "war" is blown out of proportion. Residents know it, but it appears others think it's something, but it really isn't.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:05 AM

258 posts, read 195,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
The Mexican/Black "war" is blown out of proportion. Residents know it, but it appears others think it's something, but it really isn't.
Yeah but it seems like exclusive to there..

Old 10-16-2016, 10:29 AM

749 posts, read 856,246 times
My $0.02

I would be compelled to agree with the high COL, but other cities in the country are worse. I think girls here are neither good looking nor snob for the most part. Most are very average, and dress very casual. Regarding interracial dating, Los Angeles is a place where the different races/communities coexist peacefully (read passive-aggressive) but where mixed dating isn't necessarily big. That being said if you have decent looks, are personable and persistent you should be fine.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
That person hasn't a clue as to what they're talking about. They admitted themselves they want to be Black. It's quite strange.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (women should be the least of your concerns, in my opinion). It doesn't sound like you've been here before (correct me if I'm wrong). You should plan at least two trips before deciding to move.

I didn't want to move there but the money and women i thought would be an incentive. All bad reasons for wanting to move somewhere I know, but I've been behind a book for a long time. I would like to party and remain disease free, seems hard to do in Los Angeles.

I have read that city is basically segregated and the only thing that bring people together are the lakers and that was when they were good. There were billboards about using protection because apparently people didn't know about the epidemic or didn't care. Its not Louisiana but the number of diseased people in Los Angeles is interesting. Feel free to interject while I am bashing.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
My $0.02

I would be compelled to agree with the high COL, but other cities in the country are worse. I think girls here are neither good looking nor snob for the most part. Most are very average, and dress very casual. Regarding interracial dating, Los Angeles is a place where the different races/communities coexist peacefully (read passive-aggressive) but where mixed dating isn't necessarily big. That being said if you have decent looks, are personable and persistent you should be fine.
check, check, and check

Old 10-16-2016, 10:52 AM

508 posts, read 504,287 times
Quote:
I didn't want to move there but the money and women i thought would be an incentive. All bad reasons for wanting to move somewhere I know, but I've been behind a book for a long time. I would like to party and remain disease free, seems hard to do in Los Angeles.

I have read that city is basically segregated and the only thing that bring people together are the lakers and that was when they were good. There were billboards about using protection because apparently people didn't know about the epidemic or didn't care. Its not Louisiana but the number of diseased people in Los Angeles is interesting. Feel free to interject while I am bashing.
Seems like you have already made up your mind.

I need all the parking spaces. Thank You for not moving to Los Angeles.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/-ucmoVPrKto/maxresdefault.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles