Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 11:43 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
The only big problem I see is the 15,000 seat stadium/entertainment venue on days when there are events happening. That's a lot of folks coming to the area. Otherwise, I tend to try and be forward thinking about developments like this. Where I come from there was a huge development called The Continent. There were 3 stories of apartments over retail/office space. It looked like spokes of a wheel with each spoke designed like a different country. England, France, Italy, Germany, etc. People complained before it was built, but when it was done, it was fabulous. If they get the Promenade right, imagine strolling to work or to the grocery or drug store from your apartment. I guess we'll see, I'll most likely be dead before it's all finished.
Yeah I could see that possibly causing issues . The valley is lacking in larger entertainment venues like that though so it would be nice .
Most of them are in Hollywood or downtown la .
A pretty long drive from the west valley especially in traffic.

I could see people complaining but then once it's built they will probably like it .

I get it's a large project but don't get why it won't be done until 2035 . Seems ridiculously long .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 02:49 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,930,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I get it's a large project but don't get why it won't be done until 2035 . Seems ridiculously long .
I agree. They're not even breaking ground until 2020.

Old 03-25-2017, 03:47 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,925,869 times
Quote:
I agree. They're not even breaking ground until 2020.
another 2-3 years

Old 04-19-2017, 11:45 PM

Defunct Macy’s at Promenade mall could be home of new Woodland Hills post office

Old 04-20-2017, 01:24 PM

"The Postal Service announced two years ago that it must close its 40-year-old Woodland Hills Post Office at 22121 Clarendon St., when its lease expires on May 31, 2017. The owner of the 4.2-acre lot, Amcal of Agoura Hills, announced plans to replace the low-slung post office with a five-story apartment complex."

Five stories should provide a nice freeway view. Is there anywhere they WON'T build apartments around here?

Old 04-20-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
"The Postal Service announced two years ago that it must close its 40-year-old Woodland Hills Post Office at 22121 Clarendon St., when its lease expires on May 31, 2017. The owner of the 4.2-acre lot, Amcal of Agoura Hills, announced plans to replace the low-slung post office with a five-story apartment complex."

Five stories should provide a nice freeway view. Is there anywhere they WON'T build apartments around here?
Another thing is why doesn't the Postal Service actually buy property instead of leasing it . If they had bought that post office 40 years ago in Woodland Hills it would of been paid off by now but instead they are going to have to move and pay top dollar.

Are all post office locations leased ?

Old 04-20-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Another thing is why doesn't the Postal Service actually buy property instead of leasing it . If they had bought that post office 40 years ago in Woodland Hills it would of been paid off by now but instead they are going to have to move and pay top dollar.

Are all post office locations leased ?
I think so. I remember about 35 years ago when I was selling real estate there was an "investment company" who would buy the buildings that the post offices ARE ALREADY IN and then lease them back to the government. There were massive tax write offs promised to the investors so these things sold like hot cakes. I sold a few interests myself. Years later the tax write offs were reversed by the IRS and some folks went to jail. Anyway, short answer is yes.

Old 05-18-2017, 12:29 AM

It will be interesting to see where the post office will move after westfield tears the westfield promenade?? Who knows??

If westfield is starting construction on the old Sears building at Westfield Topanga in January 2018 I'm suprised there hasn't been any articles in the daily news or san fernando valley bussiness journal.

Rumor has it that besides an upscale movie theater,ruth chris and maggionos that there is a proposal to bring Pottery Barn back to westfield topanga in a combo Williams Sonoma/Pottery Barn combo location with West Elm as well. Any word??

Old 05-18-2017, 12:32 AM

Even though I live I'm Seattle now I visit the valley every 6-8 weeks.

I'm really curious as to how the restuarants at westfield topanga village do sales wise?? My favorite restuarants at westfield topanga village are Xoc tequila grill and il fornaio

Old 05-18-2017, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Even though I live I'm Seattle now I visit the valley every 6-8 weeks.

I'm really curious as to how the restuarants at westfield topanga village do sales wise?? My favorite restuarants at westfield topanga village are Xoc tequila grill and il fornaio
I had read an article a little while back that the restaurants were doing better than the retail shops
XOC is pretty good I went recently. Cool vibe and design and the food was good .

I guess it's owned by the same people as FRIDA

http://latinola.com/story.php?story=13868
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles