Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2016, 10:59 PM

231 posts, read 226,849 times

Advertisements

How hard is it to do?

Yesterday were cleaning on my side of the street, and I circled the neighboring blocks for 30 minutes before deciding I would run into my apartment (I wanted to change and get myself properly dressed, but decided I would settle for looking like a schlub and grabbing my wallet so I could run errands). I was literally inside for 3 minutes and came out and found a ticket!

One of the errands was attending an urgent care facility, and I kind of feel that it indeed qualifies as an emergency- the wallet was necessary to attend the urgent care.

Anyway, I also tried calling the ticket company- it was 5 minutes after the time of the ticket. I have that record in my phone.

I also had left my lights flashing

Is there any way for me to get out of this or fight it? Or should I just accept it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 11:02 PM

925 posts, read 1,333,690 times
I think there is a website to check if they actually did clean your street. If they did not, you can get out of it...

Old 11-11-2016, 11:34 PM

231 posts, read 226,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasuga888 View Post
I think there is a website to check if they actually did clean your street. If they did not, you can get out of it...
I saw the street cleaning truck as I was looping around looking for a spot. I figured the coast was clear, but when I ran back to my car I saw the same truck driving down it again- I actually think he was the guy who gave me the ticket.

So unfortunately I'm pretty sure they cleaned it. But I very much appreciate that suggestion.

Old 11-12-2016, 01:04 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,975,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee2 View Post
How hard is it to do?

Yesterday were cleaning on my side of the street, and I circled the neighboring blocks for 30 minutes before deciding I would run into my apartment (I wanted to change and get myself properly dressed, but decided I would settle for looking like a schlub and grabbing my wallet so I could run errands). I was literally inside for 3 minutes and came out and found a ticket!

One of the errands was attending an urgent care facility, and I kind of feel that it indeed qualifies as an emergency- the wallet was necessary to attend the urgent care.

Anyway, I also tried calling the ticket company- it was 5 minutes after the time of the ticket. I have that record in my phone.

I also had left my lights flashing

Is there any way for me to get out of this or fight it? Or should I just accept it?
Man this kid of crap really pisses me off.
So you had your flashers blinking, big deal.
Does that give you the right to park anywhere you want by leaving your flashers blinking?

Your flashers are only supposed to be used when you have a breakdown in your vehicle, not to do other things.
I hope they double your fine.
Hopefully it will teach you something.

Bob.

Old 11-12-2016, 05:38 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,375,487 times
should've had your wallet in the first place if you were driving

Old 11-12-2016, 08:21 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,822,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasuga888 View Post
Ughh no. The streets are marked with signs that say no parking with a specific day and times. You violate posted parking restriction and you can get a ticket and if you tell the judge it doesn't matter because they didn't clean the street then I'm sure they'll get a good laugh

Old 11-12-2016, 09:57 PM

925 posts, read 1,333,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Ughh no. The streets are marked with signs that say no parking with a specific day and times. You violate posted parking restriction and you can get a ticket and if you tell the judge it doesn't matter because they didn't clean the street then I'm sure they'll get a good laugh
No, they changed the rule in LA the past year in regards to street cleaning rules. A street can have signage for cleaning, but if cleaning is not actually done for whatever reasons for that day, a ticket should not be issue for parked cars violating the street cleaning signage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles