Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 10:07 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippityhop View Post
Yeah that poster has a serious axe to grind. It must be tough going through life with a giant chip on your shoulder.
Oh LOL. Everyone who disagrees with you has a giant chip on their shoulder. You realize you're talking to someone who's looking up my post history to bring up my topic frequency, and then linked to something I wrote days ago on another thread that has nothing to do with this particular thread. Talk about a chip! Ya'll are hilarious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 10:34 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,395,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Wow--I see you have a personal axe to grind against me since you're bringing up other posts in other threads. I can't help you with that; it's YOUR problem and you'll have to find a way to cope with me and my posts like everyone else who posts. I didn't make up facts about you since I don't even know you; I merely stated what I know of MacArthur Park from living there, in reply to you sarcastically asking me if I just moved to LA yesterday. And I have no schtick, but your insults are getting old. Yes post a lot about illegal immigration, in addition to many other things. So??? What do you post about most? Should we dig into your posting history and rank your topics then accuse you of being obsessed? What other posters are researching? Is that your normal tactic when you don't have a logical answer, to use the person's topic frequency against them? Your inability to handle disagreement over issues on an Internet forum without personally attacking someone is something YOU need to deal with, not me.
Haha. Please get over yourself. I did not look up YOUR posting history. All I needed to do was look up my own posting history as I was part of the thread when you falsely claimed I had no knowledge of MacArthur Park! I merely asked you a question about your residency in Los Angeles which you never answered.

The only evidence needed to see your obsession with illegal immigration is in THIS thread when you've lambasted several posters that the "topic" of this thread is illegal immigration when in fact it is not.

Quote:

You tangent on terminology has been fun, but I still didn't get an answer to my question about which countrymen are "generally" considered not hard working and not good people. And I'm asking nationalities not race, so your list should sound totally inoffensive and innocuous that way.
Why don't you tell me what you think. I said what I thought of Mexico based on my experience. SOME people demonize Mexico as a third world hell hole. My comment was merely meant to note that on balance we are fortunate to have a southern neighbor with which we share many common values (democracy, free markets, etc.). It was never intended as a justification for illegal immigration.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:53 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
It's easy for politicians and their upper crust donors to advocate for this because illegal immigrants will never compete with them for jobs. If a neighbor country flooded us with attorneys, real estate agents, investment bankers, architects, etc. who could practice here legally but for half the price, they'd be singing a different tune.
Those professions are protected by various licenses, and the requirements to get those licenses keep illegal immigrants at bay. Plus if you're a well off professional in your home country there's no need to come to the US. Though wealthy families will send their kids to go to universities in the US, most of these people go back home.

But with that said, you are right if upper middle class people had competition from immigrants they'd be singing a different tune. But they set things up so they have little to no competition.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Haha. Please get over yourself. I did not look up YOUR posting history. All I needed to do was look up my own posting history as I was part of the thread when you falsely claimed I had no knowledge of MacArthur Park! I merely asked you a question about your residency in Los Angeles which you never answered.

The only evidence needed to see your obsession with illegal immigration is in THIS thread when you've lambasted several posters that the "topic" of this thread is illegal immigration when in fact it is not.

Why don't you tell me what you think. I said what I thought of Mexico based on my experience. SOME people demonize Mexico as a third world hell hole. My comment was merely meant to note that on balance we are fortunate to have a southern neighbor with which we share many common values (democracy, free markets, etc.). It was never intended as a justification for illegal immigration.
Don't care.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:14 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Of course American Media love to put out all bad news about other countries, especially if the majority of the people aren't white.

Is there racism in Mexico? Well there is racism everywhere. But it's not true that people don't talk about it or do anything about it. Oh and the American born grandchildren of immigrants often don't know anything about the countries of their grandparents.
The VAST majority of Mexican people have visible indigenous ancestry anyway. I have to imagine that most of the discrimination would be more class/lifestyle based rather than race.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:15 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,483,449 times
Quote:
Don't care.
Nice rebuttal

Old 12-07-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Nice rebuttal
Gee thanks for keeping score! I wasn't aware that rebuttals judged by strangers online actually win me anything. Will you be sending me a medal in the mail? I'm on here to give my opinion and discuss issues, not try to one-up people in personal arguments. Sorry to disappoint you if this kind of thing is really important in your life.

Old 12-07-2016, 10:30 AM

406 posts, read 348,340 times
Quote:
Gee thanks for keeping score! I wasn't aware that rebuttals judged by strangers online actually win me anything. Will you be sending me a medal in the mail? I'm on here to give my opinion and discuss issues, not try to one-up people in personal arguments. Sorry to disappoint you if this kind of thing is really important in your life.
Says the person with 3,000 posts in a year and continuing to respond when people make you look stupid.

OK!

Old 12-07-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippityhop View Post
Says the person with 3,000 posts in a year and continuing to respond when people make you look stupid.

OK!
Tracking post history, calling people stupid, and criticizing people for responding when THEY THEMSELVES are responding as well: the last resort when you have no argument about the actual topic. Maybe a comment on spelling or grammar is next...

Are you in your teens? I see you haven't learned that pretending to one-up strangers on the Internet doesn't actually mean anything.

Old 12-07-2016, 01:36 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Hippityhop , do you run this place or work there?

What We Do
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles