Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 08:04 AM

230 posts, read 259,148 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, I've been reading your posts and i have a few things to say. I am not here to bash CA or Los Angeles because I have never been there. This post is very informative and I'm hearing the same thing over and over. Every race has some bad and good people (NOTHING NEW). I live in NJ right now and in my years of life, races races stick to themselves. White people prefer to help other white people, asians help out other asians. There will also be a preference to be with your own.

White/black relations will always be influx because of the past. I love when people say we have come a long ways....thats not true. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

MONEY brings out the worst in people. In 2008 recession, I knew that people in this country would show exactly who they are. When people are making money and are able to provide, party, and eat its all good. They tend to put their prejudices aside or its not as pronounced. When people struggle and need a scapegoat or stress relief the ugly things come to life. Forget about who the president is, I think he did nothing TBH.

I find that other races/ethnicities feel better about themselves when they see themselves better than another race. I think we all do it individually. For example, Hispanic people do believe that they are better than black people in the northeast. (Cool kids and nerds, popular girls and fat girls)

In this country degradation a black person out of insecurity is done to boost mental psyche. This is what races/ethnicities do to each other in general. Blacks are viewed at the bottom of the totem pole, it will always be like that. It will always be like that because the past is always held against them.

The people that come to the country are almost always seen in a brighter light than blacks. Majority rules BTW, and other races/ethnicities have more of their own helping their own out. Its never really been about who is smarter or who has better genes. Its about who has more numbers and who comes together the most. Blacks represent 12.6% in the U.S. and its falling. They kill each other, have a crab mentality, give up way too easily, risky sexual behavior. I find that most of times if you really get down to it, black people feel defeated and are SCARED.

When it comes to asians, they are pretty prejudiced (no matter where you live). In LA, it seems that there has always been some contention between themselves and blacks. Only because asians wanted to assimilate so much with white culture. Whats funny is I think black/white relations may be better in LA in comparison (with the exception of filipinos of course). This is based on location though black/white/asian/hispanic relations differ where you live at in the country.

Mexicans have issues with blacks in CA, not so much in New Jersey though. Its based on generation though.

I know I'm gonna get blasted for this post, but this is what I feel. If I am wrong, educate me. BTW, I like white people I am Haitian and don't have the hang ups that African Americans may have. This is what I see and I maybe wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2017, 10:45 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,966,698 times
Lots of generalizations in Shawnj's post with psycho-babbles.

The reality today is very, very, and VERY few people are "racists" (unless you're talking about your own daughter marrying someone outside of your own race, for example). The do make decisions based on the economic SELF-INTEREST.

In the OP's case, they could argue that they have MANY applicants who are qualified more than they have vacancies, so it's not a case of discrimination but a choice of "preference" in the best interests of their existing clients. While we know it's a bunch of crocks, it will be difficult to prove in court that's why they can get away with it.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:57 AM

230 posts, read 259,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
Lots of generalizations in Shawnj's post with psycho-babbles.

The reality today is very, very, and VERY few people are "racists" (unless you're talking about your own daughter marrying someone outside of your own race, for example). The do make decisions based on the economic SELF-INTEREST.

In the OP's case, they could argue that they have MANY applicants who are qualified more than they have vacancies, so it's not a case of discrimination but a choice of "preference" in the best interests of their existing clients. While we know it's a bunch of crocks, it will be difficult to prove in court that's why they can get away with it.
"The reality today is very, very, and VERY few people are "racists" (unless you're talking about your own daughter marrying someone outside of your own race, for example)" but i didn't say racist, i said prejudiced. before you get into a conversation with me, you need know the difference.

I might be generalizing but caucasians, asians and blacks do it all the time.

Old 01-08-2017, 03:56 AM

181 posts, read 319,583 times
And here is yet another example of a man who most likely directly benefits from the Civil Rights Movement and other primarily African-American led progressive movements basically giving that very community the middle finger. To the OP, it sounds like you want to confront the blatant discrimination shown by your boss, but are conflicted because you enjoy the material comforts afforded to you because of this job. I think you already know a lot of this is up to you, and how convicted you are regarding these clearly discriminatory practices being done at your job.

Just realize that if you stay or fail to challenge this, you are being complicit in the very discrimination you say you are against.

Old 01-08-2017, 07:06 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,727,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSota14 View Post
People have the right to refuse whoever they want. Lets not be too ignorant here of this demographic as well or better yet, check out Colin Flaherty.
This demographic? Please, do explain!?

Old 04-03-2018, 12:12 PM

1 posts, read 603 times
If you do report it (and you should) and they investigate him (and they should) and he thinks it is you, then simply tell the authorities that you believe that you may have adverse employment actions taken against you and you will be protected under whistleblowing laws. If they do something to you after that (cutting your hours, firing you, changing your work conditions) they Labor Board can go after them and you can sue them. Whistleblowing is protected speech in America, especially when it involves discrimination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles