Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 10:17 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times

Advertisements

Oh and if you’re libertarian or conservative leaning, keep it quiet or you’ll get disinvited next time. That is related to whether people are are genuine or not ...keep the politics anti Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 12:52 AM

121 posts, read 155,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Oh and if you’re libertarian or conservative leaning, keep it quiet or you’ll get disinvited next time. That is related to whether people are are genuine or not ...keep the politics anti Trump.
I don't like or respect Trump because he's not a good person. It has nothing to do with politics as I don't identify with any political party.

So yes, what you said is an accurate statement. People will judge you for supporting someone with such poor character.

Old 04-23-2018, 03:53 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Best_Coast View Post
I don't like or respect Trump because he's not a good person.
And you apparently don't like or respect this forum's rules either -- see the third sticky.

Old 04-23-2018, 09:54 PM

121 posts, read 155,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
And you apparently don't like or respect this forum's rules either -- see the third sticky.
Which is why I stated my comments were not based on politics. Why didn't the guy who made the initial post I replied to also get reminded of the rules?

Old 04-23-2018, 10:12 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,376,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
I keep a Bernie Sanders t-shirt in the trunk of my car so I can fit in

Old 04-23-2018, 10:51 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Best_Coast View Post
Which is why I stated my comments were not based on politics. Why didn't the guy who made the initial post I replied to also get reminded of the rules?
You stated that you don't like or respect Trump because he's not a good person. And then you claim that your comments are not political. In other words, you've written your own a get-out-of-jail card. Seriously?

Old 04-24-2018, 09:04 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,897,668 times
Personally I think it depends on you first, as with everything. If in the back of your head you don't trust people, and you assume that people are not being "real" to you.

Then honestly it doesn't matter where you go everyone is going to seem superficial to you.

I've found that since moving to LA underneath all the glitter and glitz most people here are awesome hardworking people. It's just that people value having nice things here, and honestly I don't mind that. I love nice cars, and nice homes.

When you see just how many more people are employed by the "superficiality" that LA gets a hard time for you can understand why LA is able to support such a large number is low income residents. The more money people spend here locally the more jobs there are for the residents.

In many other cities where people spend less, that's less money that goes back into the economy. If anyone has any knowledge of how the great depression started then you could understand that fully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles