Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 11:29 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Build the wall!
Don't worry, Gump and the Republicans will build it - - with grandma and grandpa's SS and Medicare money! I wonder how these older voters (who skew conservative) feel about that? Not too happy, apparently: http://usuncut.com/politics/trumpgrets-trumblr-blog/

One things for sure, Mexico won't pay a dime.

Last edited by RaymondChandlerLives; 01-08-2017 at 11:41 AM..

Old 01-08-2017, 11:36 AM

1,855 posts, read 2,917,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Don't worry, Gump and the Republicans will build it - - with grandma and grandpa's SS and Medicare money! I wonder how these older voters (who skew conservative) feel about that? Not to happy, apparently: 'I'd be dead without Medicare!': Trump voters are already sharing their deep regrets

The other thing that's "for sure" is that you're still butthurt Trump won

Old 01-08-2017, 11:37 AM

"B-b-b-ut I thought Trump was only going after Brown people!" - Gump supporters

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...android-att-us

You thought wrong, buttercup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream1 View Post
The other thing that's "for sure" is that you're still butthurt Trump won
Another post claiming I'm butthurt? Your material is more limited than Gump's vocabulary.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:22 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,741,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Haven't seen any white supremacists posting here.
They can't write.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:24 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Build the wall!
And....drain the swamp!

Old 01-08-2017, 12:28 PM

306 posts, read 328,107 times
Wait, I thought state of California along with Oregon and Washington state were going to all become part of Canada? Wonder why the worry about Trump as our new President then?

Old 01-08-2017, 12:47 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,331,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Don't worry, Gump and the Republicans will build it - - with grandma and grandpa's SS and Medicare money! I wonder how these older voters (who skew conservative) feel about that? Not too happy, apparently: 'I'd be dead without Medicare!': Trump voters are already sharing their deep regrets

Not all the "Wallites" are older voters; a lot of them are young people caught between a de-industrializing economy, and socialized medicine that shifts a disproportionate share of the burden to them.

The whole idea of walling out (or walling in) a nation's failures is insane; it didn't work for the Soviet Union in Eastern Europe, and there were lots of popular misconceptions about that (at the time). So how can anyone with a wider, deeper picture of present conditions believe it would work here?

But such delusions aside, California has degenerated into a running sore; It couldn't function as an independent nation, and those of us who live closer to the values of our Heartland are sick and tired of picking up the tab for the fantasies peddled to little girls and boys by both Hollywood and Madison Avenue.

The markets, like nature itself, abhor a vacuum, and the cost of that ought to fall upon the unrealistic (on all the fringes of "the system") who caused the imbalance; those losers then go whining for help via the mass media.

If Trump really knows what he's doing (and the jury is still out on that) -- come the State Of the Union, he'll lay down some hard facts about what is, and is not practical; he has a solid core of realists (most of them Republicans and a handful of pragmatic "blue dog" Democrats in Congress) to back him up -- if he's got the guts. And I can assure you that all the "progressives" can offer is the usual whining and class warfare.

How it plays in Des Moines, Ann Arbor, Columbus and Harrisburg is anyone's guess.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Not all the "Wallites" are older voters; a lot of them are young people caught between a de-industrializing economy, and socialized medicine that shifts a disproportionate share of the burden to them.

The whole idea of walling out (or walling in) a nation's failures is insane; it didn't work for the Soviet Union in Eastern Europe, and there were lots of popular misconceptions about that (at the time). So how can anyone with a wider, deeper picture of present conditions believe it would work here?

But such delusions aside, California has degenerated into a running sore; It couldn't function as an independent nation, and those of us who live closer to the values of our Heartland are sick and tired of picking up the tab for the fantasies peddled to little girls and boys by both Hollywood and Madison Avenue.

The markets, like nature itself, abhor a vacuum, and the cost of that ought to fall upon the unrealistic (on all the fringes of "the system") who caused the imbalance; those losers then go whining for help via the mass media.

If Trump really knows what he's doing (and the jury is still out on that) -- come the State Of the Union, he'll lay down some hard facts about what is, and is not practical; he has a solid core of realists (most of them Republicans and a handful of pragmatic "blue dog" Democrats in Congress) to back him up -- if he's got the guts. And I can assure you that all the "progressives" can offer is the usual whining and class warfare.

How it plays in Des Moines, Ann Arbor, Columbus and Harrisburg is anyone's guess.

"If Trump knows what he's doing".

Trump doesn't know his ass from his elbow, and I feel bad for anyone expecting realism and facts from him. He's still insisting Mexico will pay got his boondoggle in the desert FFS. He's totally out to lunch.

Old 01-08-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
They can't write.
As stupid as those bigots are, if they can at least think and speak coherently, they're much smarter than Trump.

This word salad came in response to a question about Trump’s recent meeting with Nigel Farage. The Times reporter wanted to know if Trump had sought help in preventing the development of a wind farm near his golf course in Scotland:

Quote:
TRUMP: Oh, I see. I might have brought it up. But not having to do with me, just I mean, the wind is a very deceiving thing. First of all, we don’t make the windmills in the United States. They’re made in Germany and Japan. They’re made out of massive amounts of steel, which goes into the atmosphere, whether it’s in our country or not, it goes into the atmosphere. The windmills kill birds and the windmills need massive subsidies. In other words, we’re subsidizing wind mills all over this country. I mean, for the most part they don’t work. I don’t think they work at all without subsidy, and that bothers me, and they kill all the birds. You go to a windmill, you know in California they have the, what is it? The golden eagle? And they’re like, if you shoot a golden eagle, they go to jail for five years and yet they kill them by, they actually have to get permits that they’re only allowed to kill 30 or something in one year. The windmills are devastating to the bird population, O.K. With that being said, there’s a place for them. But they do need subsidy. So, if I talk negatively. I’ve been saying the same thing for years about you know, the wind industry. I wouldn’t want to subsidize it. Some environmentalists agree with me very much because of all of the things I just said, including the birds, and some don’t. But it’s hard to explain. I don’t care about anything having to do with anything having to do with anything other than the country.
Our next president, ladies and gentlemen.

We should ALL be protesting this disaster in the making.

Last edited by RaymondChandlerLives; 01-08-2017 at 02:38 PM..

Old 01-08-2017, 02:07 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,009,493 times
Keep the orange buffoon out of California
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles