Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 05:29 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,149,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
"They're" (a contraction of "they are" and the word you were originally looking for) sounds like "their", but you keep telling yourself you're right, snowflake. Also, how does one "study up on English"? You want me to learn about the origins of the language?

Oh brother... talk text it and see what happens

Old 01-12-2017, 05:31 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,377,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
It's not language it's grammar and "their" is the correct usage. Maybe you should study up on English
The scary part: Your grammar is STILL better than Trump's.

Quote:
Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:38 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,907,168 times
Quote:
Oh brother... talk text it and see what happens
Dems are so on tilt that they're resorting to being the grammar police. Anything to end their streak of Ls.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:01 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,783,412 times
Quote:
It's not language it's grammar and "their" is the correct usage. Maybe you should study up on English
You are incorrect. "They're" is a contraction of "they are." "Their" refers to possession. You used "their" incorrectly.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:14 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,427,078 times
This thread needs Xanax and some deep breaths.........so much hysteria.....but hey CD thrives on it. Continue on with your Hollywood drama.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:37 PM

6,220 posts, read 3,581,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
"They are". Not specific to you exactly because I don't know what your true stance is on the issue, but it amuses me to no end when people who rail against illegal immigration can't seem to be bothered to learn their own language.
So until every American speaks and writes perfect King's English without ever making a mistake, we must have open borders and be overrun by foreigners here illegally? Got it. (And I guess illegal aliens all speak and write their own language perfectly.)

Old 01-12-2017, 06:41 PM

6,220 posts, read 3,581,897 times
Quote:
An American committed a typo on a message board! Total justification for open borders!

Old 01-12-2017, 09:46 PM

13,579 posts, read 15,559,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Do you realize how expensive it is to eat healthy as opposed to the "value meal" menu at McDonald's or Burger King? Also, if you're holding down two or three minimum wage jobs trying to make ends meet, you often don't have the time to take care of yourself properly. This is fine when you're a starving student, but not so good if you have to do this in middle age.
So you're saying that poverty makes people fat?

Old 01-12-2017, 10:46 PM

1,544 posts, read 920,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Are the white supremicists going to stage counter-protests, or just whine on the Internet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
Most likely the latter.
This thread is like P&OC Light to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream1 View Post
The other thing that's "for sure" is that you're still butthurt Trump won
A butthurt user calling someone else butthurt because they spoke against their beloved Drümpf... Yeah okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
Hey guess what!

Trump won, liberal ideology lost, ACA is going down. Happy days!!!
I'm actually crying from busting my gut over your juvenile retort.

There'll be happy days when Trump the Toasted Cracker is impeached.

Old 01-13-2017, 12:37 AM

13,579 posts, read 15,559,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post

There'll be happy days when Trump the Toasted Cracker is impeached.
Good luck with that, for whatever it's worth. Bill Clinton was getting oral sex and using a cigar as a sex toy in the Oval Office, while a foreign government that had the place bugged was able to blackmail him. However, he still served his full second term despite being impeached for lying about it to investigators.

And haven't you heard? Every attempt at impeaching Donald J. Trump makes the wall ten feet higher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles