Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 07:18 PM

1,011 posts, read 976,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
But what does that have to do with Highlander's comment re: illegal immigration, which was what I was addressing? (Nothing.)
I never said it did... You were just making excuses for his obvious grammatical error.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:30 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,159,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
And for providing housing in LA to heaps of homeless in the United States (who no doubt will flood in as homes as built).

And for excusing criminality...and crimes

And for much else so-called progressive lunacy.
Yeah...except no.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:40 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,688,464 times
LA Weekly = A 100 pages of advertisements with maybe 3 pages of Libertard politics thrown in. The LA Weekly is good for untrained puppies to poop on.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:06 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
We should ALL be protesting this disaster in the making.
But, at this point, in your view, what is the goal of protesting? (I'm truly curious...I'm not a Republican, and I didn't vote for Trump)

Do you just want to be on the record re what you specifically oppose?

Do you think that protests might eventually create enough of a groundswell to prompt Trump to resign?

Do you think protests can be part of a strategy that can eventually put enough pressure on a still Republican led House to start the ball rolling by impeaching Trump?

Old 01-13-2017, 09:23 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,159,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
But, at this point, in your view, what is the goal of protesting? (I'm truly curious...I'm not a Republican, and I didn't vote for Trump)

Do you think that protests might eventually create enough of a groundswell to prompt Trump to resign?

Do you think protests can be part of a strategy that can eventually put enough pressure on a still Republican led House to start the ball rolling by impeaching Trump?
Protesting isn't going to do jack and I wouldn't waste my breath. What Dems really need to do is something constructive to have a viable candidate in 2020. I refuse to believe that HRC is the best we can put forth.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
There'll be happy days when Trump the Toasted Cracker is impeached.
I must admit, that is a pretty original moniker. I haven't heard that one yet.

Pence being POTUS will make you that much happier?

At this point, impeaching, then convicting via a trial in the Senate, resulting in removal from office isn't going to make Hillary POTUS.

Old 01-13-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
No one seems to care that the Republicans are going to dismantle everything Obama has done in the last eight years, including good things like Obamacare. People's lives will be lost
For the sake of my point, let's assume the Republicans leave Obamacare completely alone...leave everything as is.

With that scenario, do you think both the exchange and the expansion of Medicaid can continue to function indefinitely without any changes?

Old 01-13-2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Oh noes! Throw him in language jail!
Although I disagree with you on this (I often agree with you on other issues), and agree with the people you are arguing with, the above ^^^^^ is still d**n funny. Great Tulemutt impression . IMO, his best posts include an 'Oh noes!' and whatever sentence follows that.

Old 01-13-2017, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
who was elected illegally.
Specifically, how so?

Old 01-13-2017, 10:29 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

I don't think there's any goal to it. People are simply upset that a repugnant human being like Trump is going to be our next president and they want to vent. The protests themselves won't accomplish much short term, but as a Democrat, they're a welcome sight after the infighting and apathy that characterized HRC's run to the White House. We get much better turnout in elections when we're angry. It's a shame we have to be out of power for us to get to that point.

There are more left-leaning than right-leaning voters in this country, and the majority of Americans side with the democratic platform on most issues. Theoretically we shouldn't be losing ANY elections, but our base isn't always reliable enough to turnout in the numbers needed. Apathy is our great weakness. The 2016 election was a prime example of this.

Anyway, Trump and Republicans are set to do some serious long term damage to this country. Repealing Obamacare alone without a suitable replacement will most likely plunge us into a nasty recession, and our standing in the world will almost certainly plummet with Dimwit Donald in charge. Things are going to get ugly, fast. These protests are only the beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles