Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 10:28 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times

Advertisements

Can an Anti-Trump protestor ever say something original?..

“We are coming to have an outlet and to know that we are united against the hate, racism and misogyny that Trump stands for,” she said, not long after the newly inaugurated president told the nation that it is “now joined in a great national effort to rebuild our country and restore its promise for all of our people.”

And here is a great example of SJW madness in higher ed right here in Los Angeles. You show Trump Professor Meyer by cancelling the class that LMU students pay big money to attend!

Eric Meyer, 35, said he “boycotted” the inauguration broadcast and also canceled the ecological theology class he was scheduled to teach at Loyola Marymount University to allow his students to attend the demonstrations if they wanted.
Advertisement

He said that he has “never lost so much sleep” being “worried about six or seven things at the same time.”
He was concerned about the fate of the healthcare system, the “white nationalist and racist” sentiments coming to the forefront in public culture, and policies that could give away public land to private interests for drilling, ranching or other profit-driven purposes.

Anti-Trump activists take to LA streets with chants of ‘Not my president’

Old 01-20-2017, 10:30 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,544,859 times
I went to one protest rally a long time ago, before the U.S. invaded Iraq. Yup, that rally sure stopped that event! I would love to take part in a peaceful protest, but I don't like crowds. I'll have to find other ways to help.

Unfortunately, there is a small number of idiots who use any excuse to loot and pillage. These people should be arrested and thrown in jail. The media focuses on these morons, and then people watching on TV say, "Look at that lawless mob of thugs. Liberals suck." Really? That would be like me seeing The Westboro Baptist Church as a true representation of all churches and religions, and of course, nothing could be further from the truth!

What are the protests here all about? I think they're about pledging solidarity with the protests going on in Washington D.C. However, if it gets out of hand, if students cut school, if it becomes a celebration of lawlessness, nope. I'm out. I'm also out if they deliberately block traffic. On what planet does anyone think delaying a commuter's trip home is going to sway this person to their cause?

Old 01-20-2017, 10:35 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I went to one protest rally a long time ago, before the U.S. invaded Iraq. Yup, that rally sure stopped that event! I would love to take part in a peaceful protest, but I don't like crowds. I'll have to find other ways to help.

Unfortunately, there is a small number of idiots who use any excuse to loot and pillage. These people should be arrested and thrown in jail. The media focuses on these morons, and then people watching on TV say, "Look at that lawless mob of thugs. Liberals suck." Really? That would be like me seeing The Westboro Baptist Church as a true representation of all churches and religions, and of course, nothing could be further from the truth!

What are the protests here all about? I think they're about pledging solidarity with the protests going on in Washington D.C. However, if it gets out of hand, if students cut school, if it becomes a celebration of lawlessness, nope. I'm out. I'm also out if they deliberately block traffic. On what planet does anyone think delaying a commuter's trip home is going to sway this person to their cause?
The thing is in L.A the teacher's in LAUSD are out there protesting with the students and cutting classes and you have these SJW professors as I mentioned above cancelling their classes! It's ridiculous.

One of our former city councilmen that is now a U.S Congressman said he was going to meditate instead of attending the inauguration.

Then people wonder why everything in the rest of the country thinks we are nuts.

Maybe the reason Tony Cardenas did jack S for the San Fernando Valley hoods that he was city councilman for was because he was too busy meditating. Or maybe doing something else that starts with an M.

California Congressman Will Meditate Instead of Attend Inauguration - NBC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles