Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 01:23 PM

4,563 posts, read 5,416,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
So where are you from?

How odd you accept a job and you don't know anything about the area, really odd.

Really odd and not too bright.

You see it makes no sense to accept a job and not do any research on the surrounding area, I mean you interviewed, couldn't take a couple of hours to look around and check out the area?

I came to LA in the late 80s, anytime I moved when I still rented apartments I drove around the area, checked out the closest supermarket, it's called doing research, before you commit to a lease.

Makes no sense, and if it makes no sense it isn't true.

Sounds almost made up just to stir the pot.
This. ^^^^^^^^

Old 02-08-2017, 11:59 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosane View Post
Take a hard look at Burbank. It's right next to Glendale and is a safe and good place to live.
I agree on Burbank. There aren't really any sketchy parts of Burbank so it's a pretty safe bet.
Lot's of retail options and restaurants too . More places have been opening up too. It's more family oriented than Hollywood or Downtown, but it's not like some suburb in the middle of nowhere.

If you want to get to Hollywood or DTLA it's not that far away..especially Hollywood,Los Feliz, are very close to burbank.

Little Armenia/East Hollywood area is still kind of rough. I imagine things will change overtime as gentrification pushes in. It's not like it's a war zone but just a more rough type area. Quite a bit of graffiti and streets are pretty dirty too. Homeless issues too.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:55 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
This. ^^^^^^^^
Funny how the OP has been on the board as recent as last night, but never came back to their thread to comment.

Sure signs of a bogus thread, new user who starts a thread and has to bring race into it to stir the pot than goes MIA on their thread yet they're on CD.

Old 03-04-2017, 11:48 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,318,882 times
The OP apparently doesn't know what she wants, just read her previous posts.

Old 03-05-2017, 12:37 AM

3,814 posts, read 4,009,493 times
Safe for a white girl?

Do women of color have some sort of teflon coating that protects them from dangerous areas or something???

Old 03-06-2017, 02:13 AM

1,726 posts, read 1,720,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
Safe for a white girl?

Do women of color have some sort of teflon coating that protects them from dangerous areas or something???
No, but white non-Hispanic women are highly coveted in and around Los Angeles because there numbers are so few. Everyone who lives here is aware of this.

I'm not sure if you have any black, Hispanic or Middle Eastern straight male friends, but they all tend to have one thing in common -- they usually fancy white women, and they're not ashamed to admit it, even in the company of non-white women.

In many Los Angeles neighborhoods, there are lots of immigrants, both legal and illegal, and refugees that hail from highly dysfunctional cultures that are very disparate from our own American culture.

For example, in many Muslim and Latin American cultures/traditions, gang rape is normal and common. We've already observed quite a bit of this in Europe amidst their ongoing refugee crisis.

Although these men and boys tend to rape and assault women and girls in their own cultural groups, even within the borders of the United States, there are many documented occurrences of native-born Americans falling victim to rape and gang rape at the hands of legal/illegal immigrants and asylum-seekers.

If I was a white female who worked a graveyard shift, I would be more than a little concerned about living in a part of town with a preponderance of people from primitive, dysfunctional Third World cultures wherein rape and gang-rape are the norm.

Sorry to burst your PC bubble.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:01 AM

509 posts, read 484,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinvictoria614 View Post
I really don't want a bunch of homeless people pestering me either. I also don't want to worry about damage to my car.
You are asking for an awful lot, aren't you? This ain't Kansas...

Old 03-06-2017, 01:03 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
You don't need underground parking. Just off street parking where it's well lighted. Burbank has gotten pretty expensive. Koreatown area has older buildings so you might check there. I usually feel safer in Asian neighborhoods.

I agree with driving around where they have older buildings without modern amenities. I don't have air conditioning, off street parking or laundry facilities but it's rent controlled and a lot cheaper than the new build apartment blocks nearby.

Old 03-06-2017, 04:54 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,305,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erinvictoria614 View Post
I got a job in Glendale near Griffith Park and I've realized the only "affordable" apartments that I've found so far nearby are in central LA or downtown LA. There are some in little Armenia, East Hollywood & West LA as well. I know Pasadena, Glendale, La Crescenta-Montrose, Los Feliz, Highland Park & Silver Lake are generally safe, but I'm not sure if I can find something affordable there. I really don't want a bunch of homeless people pestering me either. I also don't want to worry about damage to my car. Another thing is- I might be working a swing shift at my job (I work in veterinary medicine) so I will be driving home late at night. I don't want to feel trapped in my apartment. Honest thoughts please and thank you.
Is it "safe"? Not really. If you're attractive and slim even less so.

If I was an attractive young white girl, I'd only feel "safe" in Beverly Hills, West Hollywood (the western end) Westwood, Brentwood, Bel Air, and North Santa Monica.

Anything else is questionable. That includes expensive areas like Hollywood, DTLA, Venice, West LA, Culver City...

Much less East Hollywood!

Can you imagine 98% of (straight, so ok, 90%) men wanting you, and you only wanting maybe 5% of them, tops?

Old 03-06-2017, 04:55 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,113,468 times
You forgot the real quesion, is it pretty fly for a white guy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles