Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2007, 10:25 AM

128 posts, read 461,620 times

Advertisements

Actually, I know about HoBe; It's another Little Italy as well. i meAN the majority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2007, 12:43 AM

6 posts, read 74,990 times
Default my take on LA

I don't like Los Angeles at all. The freeways are in horrible condition and I bet they will remain that way. I am for diversity but Californias idea of diversity seems to include all but the white race.

The people here seem extremely self absorbed and socially indifferent. It is virtual lawlessness on the freeways. I notice even the police seem indifferent to little, but never the less illegal infractions on the roads. It is extremely expensive but the pay scale is not in proportion to the cost of living as well as it is in other big cities. I am a licensed contractor and struggle to earn a living but part of that struggle is due to illegals working in my area without licenses. All I hear is how hard working they are and have families to feed. That is true I'm sure but it seems to disregard the fact that many Americans also work hard and have families to feed.

I have lived in Florida and grew up in Manhattan, NY. I love NYC. It is like no other place in the world. It is welcoming and personal unlike Los Angeles. Los Angeles has nice weather, thats about it. When problems occur in NY people ban together. When problems arise in Los Angeles people riot and loot.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:12 PM

32 posts, read 130,082 times
For people wondering about the future of LA, this is a list from PWC

TOP CITY ECONOMIES 2020*
Tokyo - $1602bn GDP
New York - $1561bn
Los Angeles - $886bn
London - $708bn
Chicago - $645bn
Paris - $611bn
Mexico - $608bn
Philadelphia - $440bn
Osaka/Kobe - $430bn
Washington DC - $426bn
*Source: UK Economic Outlook, PwC

Old 03-07-2007, 01:17 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,465,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco View Post
It is virtual lawlessness on the freeways.
Really? Does poor driving constitute virtual lawlessness?! Just curious, not offended.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:19 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,465,842 times
Maybe, if Los Angeles becomes part of Mexico, they'll allow the cool Gringo's to stay. Sorry, dreaming again. I'm stayin' for the beach, tacos, diversity, and excellent weather.

Old 03-07-2007, 07:14 PM

1,749 posts, read 8,336,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post

There's a famous statement in Newport, it goes..
.. "If we could build a wall around this city we would."
Many wouldn't mind if you did.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:43 AM

640 posts, read 2,011,682 times
We are getting a lot of people from Los Angeles moving to Connecticut. Not as much city amenities...but its a lot easier here.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:19 PM

1,749 posts, read 8,336,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminCT View Post
We are getting a lot of people from Los Angeles moving to Connecticut. Not as much city amenities...but its a lot easier here.
Lots of CT residents moving to L.A. too...

Old 03-09-2007, 11:14 AM

186 posts, read 835,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliali View Post
For people wondering about the future of LA, this is a list from PWC

TOP CITY ECONOMIES 2020*
Tokyo - $1602bn GDP
New York - $1561bn
Los Angeles - $886bn
London - $708bn
Chicago - $645bn
Paris - $611bn
Mexico - $608bn
Philadelphia - $440bn
Osaka/Kobe - $430bn
Washington DC - $426bn
*Source: UK Economic Outlook, PwC

Everyone knows LA has the most millionaires, most billionaires, and one of the strongest economies in the world. There is no need to post what everyone already knows, although it is nice to for a change. I think Europe is >>>>>>>> United States (with the exception of NY) in terms of COOL factor,fun factor, etc., but everyone knows that United States is the most powerful economic "country" in the world. Powerful economy does not make a city nice, although I love LA.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:26 PM

97 posts, read 646,571 times
Default I hear the flushing sound

I think that it is fair to say that Cali has some very serious problems. The future does not look good if taxes and crime continue to go the way they are going. The high cost of real estate will keep the middle class out of Southern California. Businesses will locate where they can find qualified workers. I think that LA has seen its best days in the past. It could be turned around but not until the liberal wackos in Sacremento are driven from power and more Republicans are elected. Democrats are more concerned with hugging trees and making sure gays can sodomize each other and adopted children than with cracking down on crime, lowering taxes, and creating jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles