Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 10:16 AM

643 posts, read 506,552 times

Advertisements

It takes two or three days for the money from your Paypal account to transfer to your bank account. But if you need money I mean cash the same day then what do you do? You can't go to Paypal and withdraw money like you do at a bank. But when I send the money he needs to Moneygram he goes and get the cash the same exact day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
No, it doesn't make sense. The action of him sending you money and then you sending it back makes no sense whatsoever, as he gains nothing by it.

Example (I can't believe I'm typing this): he needs $200. If what you're saying is true, he first sends you $200 to your PayPal and then you Moneygram the same $200 back to him (somewhere along the lines one of you loses money to fees). How does he benefit from any of this?

Old 03-13-2017, 10:21 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,152,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah but I worry more people will do the same thing "look wages in L.A are $15 hr" and actually move here .
Yeah, she was one of those people but it looks like she's off it now.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:23 AM

You aren't surprised that I don't have many friends? Why? I don't have a need or want to have many friends. I'm a nice person though and people do usually like me as I am easy to get along with. I just choose not to have a lot of friends it's not because people don't like me if that's what you are trying to say.

There is nothing wrong with a person being inspired by someone why do you think people have role models? And no I'm not saying he's my role model I am just speaking in general. So for example when a person says my children motivate me to do better in life. Some people or things do give you motivation.
Quote:
Again, as has become a favorite saying of mine in response to your statements, you say one thing, but your actions speak louder.I am, quite unfortunately, not surprised and this, if true, would support the above, not disprove it.This...makes literally zero sense. He asks you for money, but then sends you money to send back to him? This is the worst money laundering scheme in the history of money laundering schemes.And the reason he couldn't pay his phone bill is...what?No, you clearly don't. Motivation needs to come from within, full stop, otherwise you're not in charge of your own life.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juventas View Post
It takes two or three days for the money from your Paypal account to transfer to your bank account. But if you need money I mean cash the same day then what do you do? You can't go to Paypal and withdraw money like you do at a bank. But when I send the money he needs to Moneygram he goes and get the cash the same exact day.
OK. I sort of get it now, but what I don't understand is how he is benefiting from this? It's a zero sum game - he sends you money for you to send back to him? Are you not giving him any of your own money? Need more detail here and you're, quite frankly, doing a rather poor job of explaining it.

Why does he have money in PayPal, anyways? (also, he CAN get a PayPal debit card - no credit check needed and he'd have instant access to whatever PayPal funds he has available)

Last edited by highlanderfil; 03-13-2017 at 10:37 AM..

Old 03-13-2017, 10:26 AM

Well some people can actually make it on $15 an hour if they have additional help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Getting back to the original topic of the minimum wage in L.A .
We can thank Garcetti for making people think they can work for $15 hr in L.A and achieve the American dream or be "middle class in Los Angeles "

Which is bs and he knows it .

""Today, Los Angeles becomes the first big city in America to begin the climb to a $15 an hour minimum wage. Our decision to end poverty wages in L.A. caused a ripple effect that spread to six other cities in L.A. County, then statewide — and now New York state has followed suit.

Why does it matter? Because an honest day's work deserves an honest day's pay. Because hardworking families should get a fair shake. Because raising the wage helps to build a stronger middle class in Los Angeles, which is good for our entire local economy."

https://www.lamayor.org/statement-ma...-wage-increase

Old 03-13-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
You aren't surprised that I don't have many friends? Why?
Do you really want me to go into the details of why? I'm trying to remain sensitive to how easily you are insulted by the most obvious of observations and I am not sure that you'll like what I tell you if I were to explain it.
Quote:
I don't have a need or want to have many friends.
So, you've just confirmed it - no need for me to explain it? Check.
Quote:
I just choose not to have a lot of friends it's not because people don't like me if that's what you are trying to say.
No, that's not what I'm trying to say. You're trying to read into my words the meaning that isn't there. Not for the first time, either.
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with a person being inspired by someone why do you think people have role models?
Having a role model is fine, but a role model should not define how you live your life.
Quote:
So for example when a person says my children motivate me to do better in life. Some people or things do give you motivation.
An external source of motivation will always be inferior to an internal one. Again, there's nothing wrong with drawing your inspiration from someone else, but it needs to start with you.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Well some people can actually make it on $15 an hour if they have additional help.
Then they aren't, in fact, making it on $15/hour. They are making it on $15/hour + additional help (whatever that converts to on a per-hour basis).

That's kind of like saying "I only have $10K but I could definitely afford a $15K car - if someone gives me $5K".

Last edited by highlanderfil; 03-13-2017 at 10:39 AM..

Old 03-13-2017, 10:37 AM

He's benefiting because he gets the cash (the same day) when he needs it instead of having to wait days. Like the other day he told me that he only had $10 in his pocket. Meaning that he needed money ASAP and couldn't wait for the money to transfer from Paypal to his bank account. And asked if I could Moneygram him money which I did. Because I send him the money via Moneygram it enables him to get money right away.
Quote:
OK. I sort of get it now, but what I don't understand is how he is benefiting from this? It's a zero sum game - he sends you money for you to send back to him? Are you not giving him any of your own money? Need more detail here and you're, quite frankly, doing a rather poor job of explaining it.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:40 AM

$15 an hour is better than nothing
Quote:
Then they aren't, in fact, making it on $15/hour. They are making it on $15/hour + additional help (whatever that converts to on a per-hour basis).

Old 03-13-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
He's benefiting because he gets the cash (the same day) when he needs it instead of having to wait days. Like the other day he told me that he only had $10 in his pocket. Meaning that he needed money ASAP and couldn't wait for the money to transfer from Paypal to his bank account. And asked if I could Moneygram him money which I did. Because I send him the money via Moneygram it enables him to get money right away.
You keep repeating yourself without explaining yourself. I ask again: if he sends you money from his PayPal account and you send money to him through Moneygram, you are essentially sending him back money that is his. You are, essentially, acting as an ATM for him to withdraw HIS money (while helping Moneygram stay in business, which is monumentally dumb because, like I said, he can just get a PayPal debit card and withdraw his money without it going halfway around the country first - but that's another story). Are you giving him any money that is NOT his?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: