Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 08:21 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juventas View Post
Yes I know I've thought about that and I know it wouldn't be a good idea for me to relocate for the sole purpose of friendship. But that's the only thing I can think of that will enable me to see this person more. I'd like to see them at least four times a year. It's not only about that though I just love being in LA and yes you are right LA and Las Vegas are totally different. Living in Las Vegas is a lot less expensive though. I'm just thinking that if I were travel to LA four times a year. The amount of money I'd be spending would be enough for me to move there.
Airline flights are expensive but if you find the right deals they aren't too bad .

There are ways to get "free flights" too with certain credit cards that offer big signup bonuses
You only want to do this if you will pay off the cards right away though . Google travel hacking or check out the site million mile secrets .

If you can stay with your friend of course it'll bring down the cost of your trips too . Or stay at a reasonable Airbnb .
I think if you move to L.A just on your own salary and make a lower wage you aren't going to have a great time .

Old 03-08-2017, 08:43 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,159,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Airline flights are expensive but if you find the right deals they aren't too bad .
Yeah, I just checked - you can actually get from DTW to LAX for $200. Just have to play with dates.
Quote:
There are ways to get "free flights" too with certain credit cards that offer big signup bonuses
You only want to do this if you will pay off the cards right away though . Google travel hacking or check out the site million mile secrets .
This is a great idea, but that's not for OP, at least not yet.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:56 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Yeah, I just checked - you can actually get from DTW to LAX for $200. Just have to play with dates.This is a great idea, but that's not for OP, at least not yet.
Yeah airline flights became more reasonable when the price of oil dropped

I recently saw Vegas to Austin and vice Versa round trip for $88

Credit card thing id only recommend if you have a good credit score already and will pay off balances right away and responsible with credit .

Old 03-08-2017, 09:11 AM

643 posts, read 506,769 times
I like Airbnb but I know someone who had a bad experience with them. The person they rented from was racist and ended up cancelling their reservation when they got to LA. So now I'm hesitant about using that site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post

If you can stay with your friend of course it'll bring down the cost of your trips too . Or stay at a reasonable Airbnb .
I think if you move to L.A just on your own salary and make a lower wage you aren't going to have a great time .

Old 03-08-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
I like Airbnb but I know someone who had a bad experience with them.
So what? People have bad experiences with every possible service under the sun. I've had bad experiences at Marriott and Intercontinental five-star hotels. Doesn't mean I am going to stop staying at their properties because of ONE incident.
Quote:
The person they rented from was racist and ended up cancelling their reservation when they got to LA. So now I'm hesitant about using that site.
I can't even... This is, literally, worse than 1st grader logic here.

So does the fact that we're talking about Airbnb mean you cannot stay with your friend when you visit?

Old 03-08-2017, 09:37 AM

My friend doesn't have their own place I think at times they sleep in their car. But they don't mind taking me around so I don't have to pay for transportation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
So what? People have bad experiences with every possible service under the sun. I've had bad experiences at Marriott and Intercontinental five-star hotels. Doesn't mean I am going to stop staying at their properties because of ONE incident.I can't even... This is, literally, worse than 1st grader logic here.

So does the fact that we're talking about Airbnb mean you cannot stay with your friend when you visit?

Old 03-08-2017, 09:42 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,055,061 times
This is pure comedy. Keep it coming.

Old 03-08-2017, 09:44 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
It really is.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:04 AM

It's not comedy there are a lot of people that sleep in their cars in LA some are even homeless which you should know if you live in LA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post

Old 03-08-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
My friend doesn't have their own place I think at times they sleep in their car. But they don't mind taking me around so I don't have to pay for transportation.
*deadpan* Great. No need to spend money on Uber.
Quote:
It's not comedy there are a lot of people that sleep in their cars in LA some are even homeless which you should know if you live in LA.
Actually, ALL people who sleep in their cars are homeless by definition. Nobody sleeps in his car voluntarily.

But the others are right. As much as I want to try to help here, you're (perhaps unwillingly or unwittingly) sabotaging the hell out of this effort...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: